Academic pricing for Nik software bundle.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bilzmale, May 18, 2011.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

If you qualify the bundle is at Amazon for $132.03.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ACASXI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=amipho-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B004ACASXI">LINK</a>[​IMG]

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks, Bill. I replaced your link with our affiliate link (same price but helps support the site).

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Crossed my mind but I (wrongly) assumed Academic pricing might be excluded.

4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Ooh! This is good to know.

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    FYI...that collection is for Aperture and Lightroom. It does not have the Photoshop plug-ins. They have another full collection that has that. It's still a great deal.

6. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    amin

a little confused... you said you had changed the link to our affiliate link... but still seems to go to the same amazon page......

are you really telling us as non educational users we can get that suite for that price of 132 dollars?

K

7. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    In the description of the Amazon page:

"Academic Eligibility Requirements - Students - A unique valid email address associated with an educational entity or school photo identification card or letter from an academic institution confirming current academic status and a valid photo ID Official current non-photo student ID or current school transcript or current school tuition bill or current report card or proof of enrollment Faculty & Staff - A unique valid email address associated with an educational entity or school photo identification card or letter from an academic institution Official, paycheck stub or current certificate of employment."

Most such academic pricing programs require some sort of verification, such as a school ID.

8. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium

yeah... i do understand academic pricing... I was flagging the ambiguity in Amins post that implied to me

Kthat the academic price was the same as the mu43 discount

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Kevin, to clarify: The Amazon link Bill posted now has our Amazon affiliate code embedded, so we'll get a small referral fee from Amazon for anyone who buys via that link. That has nothing to do with our relationship with Nik as a sponsor, the Nik coupon code does not apply, and the criteria for academic purchase on Amazon are unaffected.

10. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Ok
    Understood. I thought that was the case. Just wanted to clarify for others

Cheers

K

• Like Like x 1