Abstractions from the fire.

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Crdome, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I acquired the kit Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 with14-140 Mrk II three months ago. Since the initial set of images I have been stunned with the color rendering and saturation. These images are out of the camera only with minor adjustments to brightness.

This suite of abstractions is from the site of a burned down, multi-bay, auto repair shop. The two halves of the building were separated by a firewall, which appears to have left the back portion untouched. What remains of the front is the clutter-free concrete floor slab and piles of scorched and crumpled sheet metal siding bulldozed off to the sides.

22602279934_d9dd5aa8a6_o.
    Abstraction in hues of blue and red s
    by Chrome Dome, on Flickr

22862762449_ab843f3633_o.
    Abstraction with translucents

[​IMG]
    Abstraction with text s

22836577567_ede3288455_o.
    Abstraction in hues of yellow and gray s

22836578377_101cb438fd_o.
    Abstraction in hues of red and yellow s

[​IMG]
    Abstraction in hues of blue s

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 All-Pro

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    Great composition. Colours are fine indeed as such, but maybe a bit too distracting?. I wonder how this subject be in black and white? There is so much texture, shapes, lines, depths....
    It is just a thing in my mind:)

3. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Gerard -Thank you. Iappreciate your insights and concur with your assessment.

I've never experienced such sensuous fields of colors in the aftermath of fires, so my thoughts were shooting painterly compositions. I'm still functioning in that mode as I finish sorting through my images. Then I will return to the body of images to consider which are best candidates to condense to their base structure.

Chrome

4. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 All-Pro

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    Life is full of pitfalls :)
    With a new camera and a new lens it is hard to resist these beautifull colours, I can see that (I am in a benevolent mood) :)
    No kidding: beautifull colours, and a crazy sort of urbex place to shoot, I guess

Happy shooting

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    How's G7, do you mind to give a mini review? Thanks!!