Abstract NON-nature Photos

zzffnn

Mu-43 Veteran
I like both of your sets, but this one stood out especially. How did you get this effect without light reflection from the surface from which droplets were bouncing off? Did colors came from one gel'ed flash or multiple flash guns?

Usually, surfaces that water can bounce off would be very reflective. Yet, we don't see any reflection in the frame. Was that surface way beneath those framed droplets, from the view of your macro lens?

Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

CO_yeti

Mu-43 Regular
I like both of your sets, but this one stood out especially. How did you get this effect without light reflection from the surface from which droplets were bouncing off? Did colors came from one gel'ed flash or multiple flash guns?

Usually, surfaces that water can bounce off would be very reflective. Yet, we don't see any reflection in the frame. Was that surface way beneath those framed droplets, from the view of your macro lens?

Thank you for sharing.
Thanks and sorry for the late reply...

That group is actually of fireworks. The technique is to pull out of focus during a 1.5 - 2.0 sec exposure. You usually have to stop down quite a bit, which can give interesting shapes to the light streaks depending on the lens. I use vintage glass because it's all I have with hard focus stops and that is critical. Otherwise it's a lot of guess work and luck to isolate one or two explosions and get the exposure and focus right.

It's one of my favorite subjects, but I missed out this year because I was in the mountains off grid.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jeffcs

Mu-43 All-Pro

MonikaO

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monika

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Grey - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-11 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A moment of abstraction as we enter the hamlet of Chabalier.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom