1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

About to pull the trigger. ....

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by davidedric, Nov 25, 2014.

1. davidedric

davidedric Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    Cheshire, UK
    Dave
    On a GX7. I have decided to attempt to move away from apsc dslr completely, and get a GX7 and the 100-300 lens. I am impressed with my G5 and 14-140 , and if the mythical G7 had appeared that is where I would have gone. So I will have a two body (mostly) two lens set up, the long zoom being for wildlife. Maybe I will try a good prime to see what the GX7 can deliver, but that is for the future. I don't need the video (and the size/weight) of the GHx.

Wish me luck :smile:

Dave

• Like Like x 2
  2. finerflower

finerflower Amin Fangrrl

Dec 11, 2013
    New Jersey (South)
    Holly
    I think you are making a good choice. I would do the same. Used or new?

3. mark111

mark111 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 7, 2014
    If you are buying it in the UK you should get it with the 20mm 1.7 kit lens, even if you don't need it because it's the best value option.

The best price now is around £649 with the 20mm 1.7 and you can claim a £50 cash back from reputable retailers and a 2 year warranty from Panasonic. This makes it a very good deal if you live in the UK because you are getting it for £599 with a fantastic prime lens.

If you don't want the 20mm you can sell it for around £200 on ebay which is what I did last week. So overall I have a new GX7 body for around £400 which is very good value.

The only m43 body which you can say is better is the EM1 but that body alone costs a whopping £949!

• Like Like x 1