1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

About the new forum badges...

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Some of you may have noticed that the big "Moderator", "Subscribing Member", and "Affiliate Patron" banners are gone and replaced with a variety of small, round badges.

I'll explain here what these badges are and how you get 'em. Here are then six badges, followed by a description of each one:

Badges.

1) Moderator badge: You get this one by being one of our volunteer moderators. Thanks to our mods!

2) Subscribing Member badge: Given to those who support the site by paying a subscription.

3) Charter Member badge: Signifies that the member is one of the first 100 people to register on this site. Too late to get in on this one!

4) Affiliate Patron badge: Given to those who attest either that they have used our affiliate links or that they would have used our affiliate links if those were usable in their country / region.

5) 1000+ Rated badge: Denotes a member who has received at least 1000 positive ratings. Every like, appreciate, wow, agree, funny, informative, winner, or useful counts as 1 positive rating.

6) Active Member badge: Given to those who have an avatar and have made a certain number of posts within a certain amount of time. This badge comes and goes depending on recent activity. Just like Subscribing Members and Affiliate Patrons, Active Members enjoy an ad-free site.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Looks good. Nice and tidy as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Cool. Thanks to all the hard work you've been putting into the site over the years I've been here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    How many SAD ratings until we are kicked off? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Sad doesn't count as a negative or a positive rating. Has no effect :).

• Sad Sad x 2
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    LOL @PakkyT@PakkyT

I think I have more sad ratings than anyone.

• Sad Sad x 2