1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

About IS when usePanasonic 14-45mm on PEN

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by actuary616, Aug 20, 2010.

1. actuary616

actuary616 New to Mu-43

Jul 24, 2010
    If I use Panasonic 14-45mm m43 lens on my Olympus PEN, does its OIS still work on Olympus camera body? If that's the case, should I turn off the IS in camera body and keep OIS on in lens, or keep IS on in camera body and turn off the OIS in lens? How about if I keep both on? Thanks a lot for your opinion.

2. Rudi

Rudi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    Australia
    I'm not 100% sure if OIS still works. If it does, use OIS and switch the in-camera IS off. In-lens IS will always work better, because it is optimised for that particular lens.

3. antithetic

antithetic Mu-43 Regular

Jun 7, 2010
    City of Angels
    I have the Panny 45-200mm and the OIS works on my E-PL1. It seems to be more effective than the IBIS especially at full reach.

4. kiynook

kiynook Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2010
    Like antithetic, I only use my 14-140mm Mega-OIS at full reach and revert to my E-P2's IBIS for the rest.

Of course E-P2's IBIS is noisy than the Mega OIS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.