1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

AA Batteries

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Mogul, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Is there a quality 4/3 camera that uses AA batteries (or other readily replaceable batteries such as AAA, C or 9V)?

If not a base camera, does anyone make a 4/3 camera with an extension/grip that allows the use of such batteries?

Thank you.

2. North20

North20 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    East of the Cascades, PNW
    Pat
    I'm fairly sure the answer is no on this one. Could be wrong; very likely a more gear oriented member will pop in soon with better info.

I think cameras that have this capability are quite rare now ... I believe Pentax may be the only one still offering AA usage either with a grip or an adapter.

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Canons as well. Operational life is pretty poor, but they work. But only via the grip.

No m43 I'm afraid although you'd have to be a looooong way from a power point for it to be a real problem.

Gordon

4. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror! Subscribing Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Point and shoots are your only option. Our office uses them for site work. I don't have the models off hand, but one is a Nikon and one is a canon...and the both suck in my opinion. I typically bring along my own gear, instead of using the ones in the office.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.