1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

AA Batteries

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Mogul, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Is there a quality 4/3 camera that uses AA batteries (or other readily replaceable batteries such as AAA, C or 9V)?

If not a base camera, does anyone make a 4/3 camera with an extension/grip that allows the use of such batteries?

Thank you.

2. North20

North20 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    East of the Cascades, PNW
    Pat
    I'm fairly sure the answer is no on this one. Could be wrong; very likely a more gear oriented member will pop in soon with better info.

I think cameras that have this capability are quite rare now ... I believe Pentax may be the only one still offering AA usage either with a grip or an adapter.

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Canons as well. Operational life is pretty poor, but they work. But only via the grip.

No m43 I'm afraid although you'd have to be a looooong way from a power point for it to be a real problem.

Gordon

4. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Point and shoots are your only option. Our office uses them for site work. I don't have the models off hand, but one is a Nikon and one is a canon...and the both suck in my opinion. I typically bring along my own gear, instead of using the ones in the office.