A young world traveler from OH-IO

gilfunkel

New to Mu-43
Hey all,

Name's Patrick. Just graduated from high school this past year and heading off to go backpacking in SE Asia for 6 months before I start college (at Oberlin) in fall 2011. I'll be buying a micro 4/3 for my trip; can't argue with such amazing photo quality and control in such a stout, compact package. Goodbye D-40:tongue:

Anybody have any mu43 travel experience/tips to share?

Thanks,
Patrick

squeegee

Mu-43 Veteran
Anybody have any mu43 travel experience/tips to share?

Size matters when packing light!

I'm currently on the lamb with a 17mm lens only. There are times I wish I had the 14-42 with me but honestly the size would prevent me from carrying it around. There would be no real option for me to carry 2 lenses or anything larger.

In all honesty I've missed about 2 weeks of photo opportunities because I need one of those olympus tough 8000 cameras instead. The E-P1 I have is a little too fragile and large to take with me everywhere - even with the 17mm lens. Just something to keep in mind when you buy / pack a camera etc. In hind sight I should have bought one of the tough cameras when I was in a place where it was cheap. I would probably pack 2 cameras but only carry one with me depending on which is appropriate for the outing.

Latest threads

Top Bottom