A young world traveler from OH-IO

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gilfunkel, Aug 29, 2010.

1. gilfunkel

gilfunkel New to Mu-43

Aug 29, 2010
    Hey all,

Name's Patrick. Just graduated from high school this past year and heading off to go backpacking in SE Asia for 6 months before I start college (at Oberlin) in fall 2011. I'll be buying a micro 4/3 for my trip; can't argue with such amazing photo quality and control in such a stout, compact package. Goodbye D-40:tongue:

Anybody have any mu43 travel experience/tips to share?

Thanks,
    Patrick

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to mu-43.com, Patrick and thanks for your introduction, too. That sounds like an incredible trip you have planned - six months of traveling! Good for you!

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Patrick - :43: should be ideal for your trip.

4. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    Size matters when packing light!

I'm currently on the lamb with a 17mm lens only. There are times I wish I had the 14-42 with me but honestly the size would prevent me from carrying it around. There would be no real option for me to carry 2 lenses or anything larger.

In all honesty I've missed about 2 weeks of photo opportunities because I need one of those olympus tough 8000 cameras instead. The E-P1 I have is a little too fragile and large to take with me everywhere - even with the 17mm lens. Just something to keep in mind when you buy / pack a camera etc. In hind sight I should have bought one of the tough cameras when I was in a place where it was cheap. I would probably pack 2 cameras but only carry one with me depending on which is appropriate for the outing.

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello patrick and welcome here !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.