A working cowboy set

DesertRose

Mu-43 Regular
A few images from a recent daytrip with my friend. He is a working cowboy and we were out checking cows that are due to have their calves. These are GH1 and the 14-45mm kit lens (? most likely :smile: ?).

Cheers,
Michelle

My friend Joe
_1040043-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Youngster patiently waiting
_1040040-Edit-3.jpg

Cowboy Gears
_1040035-Edit.jpg

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Michelle, many thanks for these. If you have a link to where I might see more, I'd be thrilled to have it!

I spent one of the best summer's of my life out in Wyoming working on a ranch...and riding the ranges. I'm a horse lover and I feel as though I can smell that handsome fellow with his thick winter coat and his leather saddle. He actually reminds me a great deal of a wonderful horse I had when I was in college...kept him out at a farmer's place in the southern hills of Ohio.

Boy, I bet you had a great time! I need to see more so that I can live vicariously!:2thumbs:

akulya

Mu-43 Veteran
Really nice pictures there - and very well processed too.

DesertRose

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks everyone! One small note, I am Michelle, the photo is of Joe. :) I will edit my OP for clarity.

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
great subject matter and nice shots ... though i would go a little lighter on the sharpening tool on the 3rd picture

K

DesertRose

Mu-43 Regular
great subject matter and nice shots ... though i would go a little lighter on the sharpening tool on the 3rd picture

K

Totally agree! On that one I had gotten impatient and used a LR preset and tweaked it rather than working it up from scratch. It was the first image I processed from the set, and I was anxious to see how it looked, hence the preset use! I think most of that overly grittiness is LR using too much clarity in it's preset. :smile: I had planned to redo that one, one of these days...

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
think a touch more contrast and/or some curves work will get you a long way along with just a touch of clarity.

Also all the pics might look good with a mild sepia tratment

cheers
K

DesertRose

Mu-43 Regular
Michelle, many thanks for these. If you have a link to where I might see more, I'd be thrilled to have it!

I spent one of the best summer's of my life out in Wyoming working on a ranch...and riding the ranges. I'm a horse lover and I feel as though I can smell that handsome fellow with his thick winter coat and his leather saddle. He actually reminds me a great deal of a wonderful horse I had when I was in college...kept him out at a farmer's place in the southern hills of Ohio.

Boy, I bet you had a great time! I need to see more so that I can live vicariously!:2thumbs:

:smile: I meant to post sooner, sorry for taking so long...

I wish I had more to show, but I didn't take too many this time out. I was working most of the time too, and just got to sneak in a few images while Joe was busy pulling a calf.

Well, I do have a couple of him pushing a stuck calf back in so he could get both legs aligned and then pull it out (it survived, yay!), but I think maybe that is not something for the forum! :smile:

If I can get back out with him, I will post more photos.

DesertRose

Mu-43 Regular
Color version of #3. B&W and sepia both looked OK, but in the end I preferred a slightly desaturated color rendition. Processed from RAW in CS3.

_1040033-Edit-2.jpg

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
like the colour treatment... though still looks oversharpened to my eyes

just my opinion...maybe I have just forgotten how sunshine looks :)

K

Latest threads

Top Bottom