A walk in Florence

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alf, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Florence is quite near to our home and this afternoon we went there to take a walk and enjoy the sun.

Lots of people watching too, and you are expected to bring your camera there.

Cosmicar Pentax 16mm f/1.4 1/500sec ISO200

Click to enlarge and see the rest.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

How wonderful to be able to just say - "Let's go for a walk around Florence, this afternoon."!! Nice photos, Alf with a real flavor of what was going on - it looks as though many other people had a similar idea today.:biggrin:
  3. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Nice! I especially like the last few. Thanks for posting. I am planning a trip to Florence as well as other parts of Italy next year so it's nice to see your point of view.
  4. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    I have visited several cities in Italy over the years mostly on business. Of them all, Florence is my favorite and in the top 10 list of places in the world I want to go back to. Thanks for the photos.
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    That square is one of the black holes of world tourism. Maybe it is empty on a cold November night.

The touristed areas are good to learn street shooting, as everyone is expected to have a camera in hand, pointed somewhere; so you can concentrate on shooting without offending anyone al long as you ignore them.
    • Like Like x 1