A video of the late Yoshihisa Maitani

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
I stumbled per chance on this video of Olympus' acclaimed star designer Yoshihisa Maitani, probably filmed during the last months of his life. It's in japanese, and Youtube auto translation is... funny. Although I couldn't really undersdand what was said, I thought it might interest some viewers. Without him, there would be no Pen, no OM, and certainly no OM-D. He passed a mere two weeks after Olympus introduced their first :mu43: camera. This interview is rare, because once he quit in '96, he gave very few interviews, although he remained a consultant for Olympus to the very end.

I only wonder what kind of input he had in the :mu43: design, if at all. But I bet he had a hand in it, although the culture of secrecy in the Japanese industry being what it is, there's little hope to know exactly the extent of his collaboration.

M.

haunted scrap heap
It's in japanese, and Youtube auto translation is... funny.
As much as I enjoy pondering phrases such as "We seeded the Permanent Secretary species", it would be great to see this with proper subtitles... or a transcript... or even just a Bad Lip Reading version...

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
As much as I enjoy pondering phrases such as "We seeded the Permanent Secretary species", it would be great to see this with proper subtitles... or a transcript... or even just a Bad Lip Reading version...
Well, one of the reason I had at the back of my brain when posting this was that maybe some member could shed some light on the content...

Latest threads

Top Bottom