A Very Strange Billingham question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Burkey, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Burkey

Burkey Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    Northern New England
    Hi Folks,
    I recently purchased a Billingham Hadley Pro bag. My question, odd as it may sound is - does anyone know if any of the AVEA side pouches are big enough to hold a water bottle? Thanks in advance.
    . . . Burkey
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Wonder how many people here have even heard of Billingham?.......

I don't have a Hadley, I do have a 445 with the Delta pockets and I can easily fit a normal 375mm water bottle (one you'd buy from a shop) in it. I can even get a bike bottle in as well, however I don't think I'd get a bike bottle into the thinner Aeva pouches, although the store bought ones should fit easily into the larger pouch. Having said that, though....

I just use a LowePro "street and field" bottle pouch and slide it around the strap.

3. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

don't think a water bottle will fit
  4. Spanjaart

Spanjaart Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    A hadley pro bag can take the water bottle just ass well as some mu43 gear.

If you don't want to take any risk and take the water bottle in a separate compartment you could use a f/4.5, f5/6, 225, alice.
    i think the front pocket of a Hadley Pro will also fit a bottle.
    Many years ago I went on summer camp with a Billingham 4.5 and my Fuji S2 DSLR. I carried it around for a day with a plastic watter bottile in the front pocket. probably due to my own mistake the bottle lost all the water and it was contained by the front pocket without leaking neither way.
  5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

no way I would put a water bottle in my bag.

I just checked, a water bottle will fit in one of the front pockets of my Hadley classic.
  6. Burkey

Burkey Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    Northern New England
    Thanks for the input. Nope, 'don't think I'd put a bottle inside either but a health issue I have forces me to constantly make sure that I'm not dehydrated. Up here in northern New England it's not much of an issue but when travel south and into Florida I'm always cautious. Thanks again.
    . . . Burkey
  7. jl-lb.ms

jl-lb.ms Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Long Beach, MS
    Hey, I'm a bit late, but... If you using a Hadley, then the external pouch for you would be the AVEA. An AVEA 5 *might* hold a water bottle, but you won't be able to get the pouch top closed. Perhaps you could use a small liquor flask (for water). That would fit in the AVEA 5 (W 5 " x D 2 1/2" X H 7")