A very painful life and personal update

That is a devastating update. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. That is a huge loss.

While lots of things may feel meaningless now, this forum is a support community of friends who share their lives together through photos and prose. Take whatever time you need. We'll miss you while you are gone and be glad when you come back.

Real Name
Chris
I am truly sorry for your loss. Reach out to those around you when you are ready and return to moving forward in some way when you are able.

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
Sorry to hear your sad news.
I have a daughter and can only try to imagine how devastating this must be.
As with all processes of grief you need to get through the worst of times now as best as you can without any expectations of yourself and look forward to better times that will lie ahead if you allow them to develop slowly but surely as your grief eventually subsides and you gradually feel better and make room for happier experiences and times
It will take time so give yourself time and talk to others about how you feel - this will help to open up and deal with your feelings and grief
Let it all out rather than trying to keep it all in

Last edited:

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
This update is terribly sad Ovidiu; I remember reading some of your recent posts and how you were embracing a new stage of your life. I can’t imagine how you and your partner must be feeling. I’m hoping you each find strength in your companionship and kindness for each other. It’s ok to not be ok at times as you move through this.

I’m struck by how much love there is in this thread, even though most of us would be unlikely to recognise each other if we passed on the street. You will be welcomed home if you chose to return here in time.

Last edited:

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
:( :( :(
Please don’t log out, we will miss you.

Real Name
Mark
Ovidiu, I can only convey my sorrow at your loss and my hope that you and your family find healing. Although photography may be meaningless right now, know that it may not always be that way. Know also that, as evidenced by the responses here, you and your contributions are appreciated here and, should you decide to not come back, you will be missed.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Ovidiu, our deepest condolences to you and your wife. This is such heart-wrenching and dreadful news.

In our own family, the child before me was stillborn, a fact that I have contemplated my entire adult life.

That was more common 75 years ago, but just as shattering.

Take care of yourself and each other, my friend.

You will always have a home here, regardless of your photographic pursuits.

Thai-Mike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Michael
I am truly sorry for your loss Ovidiu, May you and your family get the strength to ease your pain and may you receive all the love you deserve.

Good bless you and your family. May little Saya-Skye rest in peace in the arm of the angels.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
Thank you all so much for all your heart warming messages, I never expected so many messages and so much kindness. It really has put fuel on the fire of passion I have for this community.

:( :( :(
Please don’t log out, we will miss you.
I wasn't planning on logging out, just that I may reply less and be less active for a while, I'm not the kind of person to add to a conversation if I have nothing useful to contribute (on the topic).

I don't think I can abandoned photography without losing my sanity but it's difficult to maintain to a more active roll, especially since I had an argument with my girlfriend on the subject because I did spend the money on a Sony a7C regardless of the reason or my intent just 3 days before the nightmare began. Besides this wonderful community I have not met anyone who doesn't feel or think that I'm waiting my time\money\life with photography (especially the family).

Very sorry to hear the news, that no parent ever wants to hear.
Take time out and especially help your partner, and work through one day at a time.
Time will help, even though it must seem very dark at this time.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
My deepest condolences on your very painful loss. May your daughter's memory be a blessing. Do what you need to do to heal and take of yourself and your family and friends. It may or may not involve taking photos, but follow your heart in healing. You know you are welcome in the forum whenever it makes sense to post, regardless of what you are using to take photos. Be kind and give yourself some grace in the days to come as you are gong to have some bumpy patches ahead.

--Ken

BruceRH

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you all so much for all your heart warming messages, I never expected so many messages and so much kindness. It really has put fuel on the fire of passion I have for this community.

I wasn't planning on logging out, just that I may reply less and be less active for a while, I'm not the kind of person to add to a conversation if I have nothing useful to contribute (on the topic).

I don't think I can abandoned photography without losing my sanity but it's difficult to maintain to a more active roll, especially since I had an argument with my girlfriend on the subject because I did spend the money on a Sony a7C regardless of the reason or my intent just 3 days before the nightmare began. Besides this wonderful community I have not met anyone who doesn't feel or think that I'm waiting my time\money\life with photography (especially the family).
Only you can decide what to spend your money on. There are lots of hobbies out there to spend money on. You enjoy photography and we all need something we enjoy to distract us and give us a break from this world. Life is not easy, we all have sadness, heartbreak, trials and tribulations. Photography is a great outlet so if it brings you enjoyment, don’t worry about the cost of a camera that brings you joy. Just my opinion. I’m truly sorry for your loss.

Real Name
Andrew L
So sorry to hear this. Life may not be normal for a while, don't force photography. Pare down to the essentials, make sure you are spending a lot of time together so you can process things together.

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
Sorry about your loss. Events like this change ones whole outlook and normal habits. Spend the time doing what your instincts guide you to do and don't rush anything. Be gentle on yourself and everyone else. Time will guide you eventually onto a path that feels best to deal with the future. The mind never forgets but allowing yourself space to regrow will make the future a better place for you. God bless.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom