A trip to the Los Angeles Zoo

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Jonathan F/2, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    My wife had finals today at her university so I decided to hit up the zoo with my daughter. I took the Oly E-PL2 and Pany 45-200 OIS. Despite newer bodies, I still like the E-PL2 and it's weak AA filter. Here are a couple shots from today...

Planet of the Apes:

Free me:

Gorillas in the Mist:

Red Monkey Exhibit:

Flamingos:

Zebra:

Family Americana:

• Like Like x 3
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Beautiful .I love EPL2 + 45-200 mm combo . I love the grip on EPL2.
    Organgoutan looks stunning and damn serious . Probably annoyed with Olympus management
    Cheers

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice shots! To be honest I don't really like going to the zoo (I find it depressing for the animals), but I thought my daughter might like it...apparently being a 1 year old, they don't really care! Oh well, at least she was free and I got to do a little non-work related shooting!

BTW - I tried nailing that "big" family by pretending I was shooting my daughter, but for some reason they all turned at the same time. It would of been a glorious shot! Oh well...

5. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    those are keepers that your daughter will cherish and remember a few years from now. :thumbup:

6. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Did you actually take any pictures of your daughter? ;)

Very nice pics. You should consider going to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park though, much nicer than a regular zoo.

7. Bhupinder2002

I also visited an animal farm and here are my shots with EPL2 and Panny 45-200 mm.I love this lens

P3239368.

Panny45-200.

P4120911.

P4120934.

8. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    a cute caddy for the tripod?

9. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    I thought it was a double barreled shotgun at first.

10. Bhupinder2002

Thanks ..Lol
    Thats my daughter and she preaches about Olympus PEN series .She is only six but enjoys photography and comes up with interesting ideas.This was a shot which she composed when I was selling my Oly 17 mm lens.
    Cheers

PC043891.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    To be honest, it is hard to think how another species would think. I thought that being caged up would be depressing for the beasts also ... but seeing many of the same animals in the wild ... I dunno ... three squares with clean hay is a pretty good deal. I think we tend to anthropomorphize when we look at other species. (The exception being my dog, she really has all the better attributes of humans and she doesn't shed.)

G