1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A trip to the Great Delvin (Ireland)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by pellicle, May 4, 2014.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    I recently made the journey to Ireland where part of my family came from. I took along my GH1 and a meager selection of lenses (as I was backpacking). I took the 14-45 and Pentax 110 50mm f2.8 and 70mm f2.8

It was a great travel bundle which helped save weight.

My blog post is here:
    http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-great-delvin.html

and a few images from that post
    13915375258_5eed5811d4.

I had wished for a slightly shallower DoF on that shot, but didn't bring full frame along. It turned out that I was able to fiddle the DoF with a little selective blur in Photoshop

13915824008_7b05aeee00.

seems to have worked without too much effort here ...

14101967065_00c3a14a96_b.

all taken in RAW, processed in photomatix for a 35mm gritty look (and bring up the shadows) and the last one is a (scaled down) pano of 4 images taken in portrait orientation and joined in PTGui

I found that the combination worked well, the f2.8's for portraits of friends and the 14-45 did well in low light and for general photography.

With relatively little reviewing, 2 batteries lasted me 12 days including a few videos. All fit onto 2 4Gig cards. I still find that the GH1 is adequate as a camera for me.

HTH someone in planning

:) 

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.