1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A travel encounter with another m43 fan

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dancebert, May 1, 2016.

1. dancebert

dancebert Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Hua Hin, Thailand
    I started a conversation with a couple while standing in line, waiting for the church to open. Didn't see his camera until about 15 minutes after entering the site. He was shooting a GX7 & P20, me a EM5 with O45 & P20. After learning it's his only lens, I offered him use of my O45. His eyes got big. He handled it with care. Took about 6 shots then examined them in magnified view. Smiling, he gave the lens back. Too bad I won't see his reaction when he sees the images on a big screen.

One example of why I was glad to have the O45:

v-20160430-08139-850.

Later it occurred to me that lending someone a lens for a taste can be like a drug dealer giving the first sample for free, knowing the recipient will probably be back with cash in hand...

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I wonder what kind of conversation he had with his wife about it ;-)

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    For portraits my 45mm is king, but for sculptural detail, like your example, my particular 20mm brings out far more detail even at max aperture.
    I hope your new friend buys his own 45mm 'cos its a great lens, but both lenses are best at different tasks.