A Tale of Two Systems

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
Down the road, you should give the E-M5 a try. The EVF IBIS is truly unique, making MF glass feel like some high end image stabilized lens! No focus peaking, but using the digital zoom feature seems to be a quicker way to determine focus (with new Olympus bodies).

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Down the road, you should give the E-M5 a try. The EVF IBIS is truly unique, making MF glass feel like some high end image stabilized lens! No focus peaking, but using the digital zoom feature seems to be a quicker way to determine focus (with new Olympus bodies).

I'd like to give the E-M5 a try at some point. Given my CSR in my eye it would be interesting to see how the E-M5's EVF works for me. I also would like to try a NEX7 (or the new NEX6). I think the combination of an EVF and focus peaking might be just the thing.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
THANK you for this very interesting comparison
!!! I'm a GX-1 lover myself who recently started using legacy lenses, and hence very curious about the NEX system. All the more so as, like you, I belong to that small minority who *does* see the IQ difference between m4/3 and APS-C sensors (ex FF user looking for max DOF control at all times). Does the older NEX5n have the nice 920k screen as well ??

Hi ..NEX 5N is not older than NEX C3 and it offers the best IQ among all Sony NEX models including top of the range NEX7 and yes it does have 920k screen . Honestly , NEX is one system which I would always prefer if I want APS-C sensor camera but as already stated , I dont think MFT is far behind. NEX's main limitation is lenses and once they address that ,I might pick up one .
Cheers
Bhupinder

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi ..NEX 5N is not older than NEX C3 and it offers the best IQ among all Sony NEX models including top of the range NEX7 and yes it does have 920k screen . Honestly , NEX is one system which I would always prefer if I want APS-C sensor camera but as already stated , I dont think MFT is far behind. NEX's main limitation is lenses and once they address that ,I might pick up one .
Cheers
Bhupinder

I agree that the NEX system's main weakness is native lenses. The Sigma 30 (which I have) is nice and sharp, has very good bokeh and overall is a good bargain at $200 but it still leaves a quite a bit to be desired. If you're into the MF thing then the NEX has some advantages over system like m43.

nianys

Mu-43 Regular
I agree that the NEX system's main weakness is native lenses. The Sigma 30 (which I have) is nice and sharp, has very good bokeh and overall is a good bargain at $200 but it still leaves a quite a bit to be desired. If you're into the MF thing then the NEX has some advantages over system like m43.

Geez, your thread has planted a seed in my mind and it's not going away :(
Looking to find a well priced 5N now....

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom