A Tale of Three Pannies - GX-7, GM-1 and LX-100

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by penfan2010, Nov 3, 2014.

1. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Arrived today and was surprised to see the box from Cardinal Cameras already here with the LX-100 I ordered last Friday (good deal on Amazon. $829 with a free 16GB card).

Did a quick comparison with the GX-7and GM-1 to give a size impression.

image358.

image369.

Not quite as good handling wise as the GX-7, but since I've gotten used to the GM-1 (and have used it much more frequently than the GX-7; smaller is decidedly better for my walk-about and street shooting), I do not think it will be a problem. The build is excellent, the EVF is better than I remember from when I tried it at the NYC Photoplus Expos last Friday, and the controls are pretty neat, with confident click stops. i owned the fjui x100 for a while and loved its controls, but felt limited after a while by the 35mm equivalent FOV. I think this one is a great complement to the GM-1 with the 45mm F1.8 for general travel. I was a bit concerned initially by how far the zoom extended, but using it again today (and thinking about my two other fixed zoom cameras, the RX-10 and X-10), not much of a problem (and zoom speed is definitely faster than RX-10, but it is a narrow focal length range). The three "zoomiess' below:

P8700988.

Will be posting pics from it and sharing general observations as i get more time with the new camera. Some obviously-needed selling off now going on to make room (space and dollar-wise) for the LX-100.

• Like Like x 8
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Interesting comparison. I was going to mention how many cameras you have, but I had the good sense to count my own collection first. I will defer from further comments.

• Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.