A Tale of Three Pannies - GX-7, GM-1 and LX-100

penfan2010

Mu-43 All-Pro
Arrived today and was surprised to see the box from Cardinal Cameras already here with the LX-100 I ordered last Friday (good deal on Amazon. $829 with a free 16GB card).

Did a quick comparison with the GX-7and GM-1 to give a size impression.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not quite as good handling wise as the GX-7, but since I've gotten used to the GM-1 (and have used it much more frequently than the GX-7; smaller is decidedly better for my walk-about and street shooting), I do not think it will be a problem. The build is excellent, the EVF is better than I remember from when I tried it at the NYC Photoplus Expos last Friday, and the controls are pretty neat, with confident click stops. i owned the fjui x100 for a while and loved its controls, but felt limited after a while by the 35mm equivalent FOV. I think this one is a great complement to the GM-1 with the 45mm F1.8 for general travel. I was a bit concerned initially by how far the zoom extended, but using it again today (and thinking about my two other fixed zoom cameras, the RX-10 and X-10), not much of a problem (and zoom speed is definitely faster than RX-10, but it is a narrow focal length range). The three "zoomiess' below:

Will be posting pics from it and sharing general observations as i get more time with the new camera. Some obviously-needed selling off now going on to make room (space and dollar-wise) for the LX-100.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom