A strap for just the lens?

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
I think the Black Rapid would be perfect for your application. I used one for many years. I’ve now switched to PD, because my m43 cameras aren’t lighter and I often just use the wrist strap. But they also ship a tripod screw attachment device which would work fine.

A photographer I was shooting in a workshop with last year used a hip bag (aka fanny pack) for whichever of her Nikon 70-200/2.8 and 24-70/2.8 wasn’t on the camera. It worked well for her. I just had the 17/1.8 and 45/1.8, so I stuffed one on my pocket.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the Black Rapid would be perfect for your application. I used one for many years. I’ve now switched to PD, because my m43 cameras aren’t lighter and I often just use the wrist strap. But they also ship a tripod screw attachment device which would work fine.

A photographer I was shooting in a workshop with last year used a hip bag (aka fanny pack) for whichever of her Nikon 70-200/2.8 and 24-70/2.8 wasn’t on the camera. It worked well for her. I just had the 17/1.8 and 45/1.8, so I stuffed one on my pocket.
My dear wife will let me buy almost any camera gear I want, but she draws a hard line on me wearing a fanny pack.

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Hai, wakarimasu. Although, if he were serious about grabbing and using it at a moments notice, I'd mount it on a 2nd body and have it ready to go. That's what I do. 5.3 w/12-100 mounted and 1.3 w/40-150 Pro+MC mounted.

Or find a padded pouch to store the lens in. LowePro used to have a Lens Exchange Case 200 AW which might have been just the right size for it. I was thinking of getting one for the 50-200, but the lens plus champagne bucket hood wouldn't fit. I think it's discontinued, but I liked the idea.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1431290-REG/lowepro_lp37178_protactic_lens_exchange_200.html/

IMO, having the lens dangle around on a strap sounds like an accident waiting to happen. :)
This looks like a very good solution for what he wants to do. There maybe less expensive pouches out there, take a look around.

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
This looks like a very good solution for what he wants to do. There maybe less expensive pouches out there, take a look around.
There are lots of lens pouches around, but none I've seen that can do what the Lens Exchange could do. I think it's discontinued by LowePro, but still available from some online vendors. Case Logic had a Lumosity Lens Exchange Case, but I think the LowePro was a better design. If you want one, I suggest grabbing what you can find. I just use a sling bag to carry my gear because it's easy enough to swing it to my front to exchange lenses, and when not needed, it's out of my way.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
A piece of string for the new Olympus 150-400mm lens, it will be slimmer than FF lenses of a similar length.

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
There are lots of lens pouches around, but none I've seen that can do what the Lens Exchange could do. I think it's discontinued by LowePro, but still available from some online vendors. Case Logic had a Lumosity Lens Exchange Case, but I think the LowePro was a better design. If you want one, I suggest grabbing what you can find. I just use a sling bag to carry my gear because it's easy enough to swing it to my front to exchange lenses, and when not needed, it's out of my way.
I agree that the LowePro Lens Exchange bags are great. I have the smaller one. I was glad to see that Adorama still sells them:
https://www.adorama.com/lpptcle100aw.html

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom