1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A Small Taste of Ghana

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by dbrantley13, Jun 19, 2012.

1. dbrantley13

dbrantley13 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2012
    Greetings from Accra.

Rather than trying to pick and choose a few select photos from my time here in Ghana, I'd like to share with you all the link to my photo blog.
    Sharing my photos is one of my primary motivators for taking them in the first place, so I appreciate any (positive or negative) feedback you might have for me.

The 3 most recent posts relate to my Ghanaian adventures. You might find the accompanying text to be useless or insightful, I've written it for family, friends, and strangers alike.

Best.

danbbrantley.blogspot.com

• Like Like x 2
  2. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    That looks incredibly fun.

The pictures aren't bad either. Were the monkey pics taken wit the 40-150?

3. dbrantley13

May 17, 2012
    Thanks, and yes, the monkey shots were all taken with an E-PL1 and 40-150mm. The other shots are split between the 20mm and the 40-150.

It was quite a bit of fun indeed, really a great experience to have one jump on you!

4. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Thanks for sharing. What an adventure!

5. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    GHana

I can't strongly enough encourage visiting Ghana. The people are friendly. it has one of the most stable governments in Africa, and during my five trips there I found it safe. If traveling as a couple,I recommend getting a car and driver. Yes,most people are poor, but they have a positive attitude and the future seems brighter there than in most African countries. With five friends, I produced a book of Ghana photographs Ghana 2007, Peter Randall Photographer, An African Portrait Revisited, in the footsteps of Paul Strand and my gallery can be found at Ghana, includes images from the book "Ghana, An African Portrait Revisited." - Images | Peter Randall Photography: Prints, Books, Exhibits

6. dbrantley13

May 17, 2012
    Seconded. Based on my experiences here, there's little reason to feel threatened. The most dangerous aspect of life here is traffic. As peterpix said, you'll want a driver if you plan to travel. There's little in the way of traffic laws and Accra, the capital, is extremely overcrowded. Poverty is rampant but theft is considered an abomination (meaning you won't be robbed in any sort of public setting). Most crime committed within the country comes from Nigerians who have come to Ghana. Peterpix, I'll check out your book and gallery right now.

Taking a trip to Cape Coast this weekend and hope to return with many more photos.

7. dbrantley13

May 17, 2012
    I have made a few new posts for those who might be interested!

Cheers

8. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Thanks for sharing. I am enjoying you blog. Well written!

9. dbrantley13

May 17, 2012
    New post up! This time with an attempt at street photography using the E-PL1 with 40-150mm. Thanks for the support Uwharrie!

10. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Thanks for the update. Insightful writing. I enjoyed your street photos.

11. dbrantley13

May 17, 2012
    Have recently returned from this trip and wanted to give one last update that I've posted many more shots over the last few weeks. Thanks for your support and I appreciate any comments or criticisms that you may have.

See them here: