A small request for the benefit of us foreigners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Please, is it possible, especially for front page news as in https://www.mu-43.com/f92/g2-300-body-only-gh1-350-panasonic-10118/, that TLAs (Three Letters Abbreviations) like EPP be expanded in full words ?

That the common language here be english is OK for the sake of mutual understanding, but many of the members are not perfectly bilingual (I'm not), and this kind of written shorthand is especially difficult to understand when english is a learned 2nd language and not the mother tongue of the reader, because TLAs are as much cultural references as they are part of the speech per se.

TIA, :rolleyes:

Manuel

Spuff

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I didn't know what EPP meant either (and I am English).
Perhaps it's a North American thing.
Apparently it means Employee Personal/Pricing page.

jc_rex

Mu-43 Regular
i get epp through panasonic, hp and other companies through my work...
i thought it meant employee purchase program...

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I don't know, I just found it on a web page and it seemed about right. It was a small sample of one, so it might well not be accurate. It seems it means something like that.

Well we in Canada have similar problems with short forms and I applaud the use of the full names whatever they are.....or.......give is a list of the shorts and the longs of it

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Is that really what it means??

No. As someone posted earlier. It means Employee Purchase Program. It's not a matter of whether you speak American or not, it's whether you are familiar with the terms. Even many Amuricans ain't. Unless you've worked for a large company or organization, you've most likely not run into it.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It stands for Extended Parallel Port.

Do not know what it means with regard to camera sales.

mqavila

Mu-43 Regular
On a related note... I've seen references to "IBIS" but being a photo newbie, I honestly don't know what it means? Can someone enlighten me please? Thanks!

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
I've lived in New England for 59 years. I'm no longer fluent in any language...

We lost the "R" many years before I was born...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom