1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A small and light 10mm f4 lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by OzRay, Sep 30, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    • Like Like x 2
  2. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Good find! Wonder whether their wider lenses will vignette though! F4 fixed,not too bad speed wise for wide angle, but maybe too fast in bright light for some cameras? I think ND filter is a must with this.

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The Bolex site claims the lens will cover a m4/3 sensor. Of coarse there is cover and then there is cover with good quality. Most likely there will be some vignetting and probably a fair amount of distortion.

In related news the new Bolex video camera is available, sadly it is fairly expensive. I knew it wouldn't be cheap but this price is higher than I can afford. The lenses however are not that bad - go figure.

4. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    Yes, they list it as covering Super-16 and m4/3, which seems a bit of a stretch. Super-16 is slightly smaller than a 1" sensor (e.g. Nikon CX format). Super-16 has a diagonal of ~14.5mm, while 1"/CX format has a 15.8mm diagonal and 4/3 is significantly larger with a 21.6mm diagonal

5. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    Maybe they mean the Blackmagic M4/3 sensors, which are not full m4/3 size?

7. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Does it seem a bit soft to anyone else?

8. wushumr2

wushumr2 Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    Yeah, looks like it'll be more useful for the Blackmagic units...

9. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Nope.. Go to that link above , click on the last photo example. They show a photo and noted under it it says taken with a GH4.

10. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    Yes, but is was shot cropped to 16:9 rather than at the full sensor 4:3 aspect ratio thus trimming off the extreme corners. Again, they seem to be targeting video rather than stills.

This crop reduces the diagonal from 4:3's 21.6mm to roughly 19.9mm. Not a big trim, but given the visible softness at the one visible corner (the others are black in the chosen image) in the rather small shot posted it would seem the lens is covering adequately in terms of illumination but the image makes edge and corner sharpness questionable.

11. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I see the point, now that you have explained it.
    Still if someone wanted to buy this lens for me as a Christmas present I wouldn't complain.. I would even be happy to set my GH2 at 1:1 and shot all day like that.