A slow learner finally seeing the light

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by summerkl, Sep 4, 2015.

1. summerkl

summerkl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Kevin L
    I've been using Sony cameras for the last 5 years (NEX3,5,6, A65 and A7). I just got the A7 two months ago and thought I had reached the top of the GAS mountain.

Then the epiphany hit ... while I had great camera bodies, I had very few AF lens choices and the ones available were relatively overpriced and oversized.

I had not kept up with the m43 advances over the five years and was amazed by the system's growth in lenses and sensor quality.

Long story short, in a couple of weeks, I assembled a kit (all second hand and at great prices) as follows: e-m1, native 9-18mm, 17mm 1.8, and 45mm 1.8. via MMF-3 adapter 35mm f3.5 macro and 14-54mm 2.8-3.5 and FL600R.

I finally have the lenses I need to cover all of my shooting needs. I look forward to learning and sharing with members of this forum.

2. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    That's a great new M4/3 kit. The M45.mm is a gem--one of the best lenses for the system. Happy shooting!
  3. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Hi summerkl

My epiphany hit about a month ago as well :)

I changed from a Canon 1D Mk3 and various lenses to an Olympus OM-D EM-5 Mk2 with 12-50mm, 45mm and 40-150 f4/5.6. Hope to 'progress' eventually to the pro zooms, but that will be down the track...

In the meantime I have an amazing system that doesn't sacrifice any IQ, but at a quarter of the weight and size of my DLSR!

I'm a very happy photographer :cloud-9-039: