A slow learner finally seeing the light

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by summerkl, Sep 4, 2015.

1. summerkl

summerkl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Vancouver
    Kevin L
    I've been using Sony cameras for the last 5 years (NEX3,5,6, A65 and A7). I just got the A7 two months ago and thought I had reached the top of the GAS mountain.

Then the epiphany hit ... while I had great camera bodies, I had very few AF lens choices and the ones available were relatively overpriced and oversized.

I had not kept up with the m43 advances over the five years and was amazed by the system's growth in lenses and sensor quality.

Long story short, in a couple of weeks, I assembled a kit (all second hand and at great prices) as follows: e-m1, native 9-18mm, 17mm 1.8, and 45mm 1.8. via MMF-3 adapter 35mm f3.5 macro and 14-54mm 2.8-3.5 and FL600R.

I finally have the lenses I need to cover all of my shooting needs. I look forward to learning and sharing with members of this forum.

Cheers!

2. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    Melissa
    That's a great new M4/3 kit. The M45.mm is a gem--one of the best lenses for the system. Happy shooting!

3. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Wayne
    Hi summerkl

My epiphany hit about a month ago as well :) 

I changed from a Canon 1D Mk3 and various lenses to an Olympus OM-D EM-5 Mk2 with 12-50mm, 45mm and 40-150 f4/5.6. Hope to 'progress' eventually to the pro zooms, but that will be down the track...

In the meantime I have an amazing system that doesn't sacrifice any IQ, but at a quarter of the weight and size of my DLSR!

I'm a very happy photographer :cloud-9-039:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.