1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A/S Plate for E-PL2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Replytoken, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I presently have a Markins Q20 ballhead that I normally use with my Nikon D300 and its lenses. And, I am now starting to imagine there may be times when I might want to mount my recently acquired E-PL2 on a tripod. In looking at previous threads, somebody recommended the Acratech #2176 plate that is designed for many of the Olympus Micro 4/3 bodies. I know that people like the plate because it is offset and allows access to the battery/SD compartment. I was ready to purchase the plate when I decided to see if any other companies offered A/S compatible plates that might also be of interest. In looking at the Markins web site, as well as talking with their representative, I was informed that they have two possible plates for the E-PL2: the P20 Markins: Home of Markins Q-Balls >> P20 or the P26U Markins: Home of Markins Q-Balls >> P26U . The P20 has three channels so the plate can be mounted offset, and the P26U is a square plate with dovetailing on all four sides so it can be mounted/adjusted accordingly. I am a bit interested in the P26U because it can also be used as a "guest" plate when I am out shooting with friends who would like to use my tripod/ballhead with their camera bodies. Has anybody used either Markins plate with a Micro 4/3 camera body? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.