1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A really newbie question

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Ig7, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Apologize in advance for the question. I just goy my first adapter and cannot figure out the reason for the little screw on the side?

2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    There are numerous adapters for numerous mounts. You need to be more specific.

3. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    its the little silver screw you can see inside on the bottom right

[​IMG]

4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    That's an FD mount adapter and you need to mount the screw on the lens either to the left or right of the screw on adapter (I forgot :(). If you get that wrong, your lens won't stop down even if you turn the aperture ring. I am sure others will be able to guide you on the exact way to mount it.

5. LegacyLens

LegacyLens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2012
    If I understand you right? It's too keep the mount from like rotating to infinity on you cam it's hard to explain and I'm not the man to do it but I removed that screw once lol and I can turn my adapter to the left on my cam XD so I lost the screw but it basically stops the adapter from going all the way to the right when you turn it gah I can't explain it I just need to upload a vid but I'm in Guam right now.

6. edmsnap

edmsnap Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 20, 2011
    Edmonton, Alberta
    It pushes the aperture lever on an FD lens. To mount an FD lens, you turn the adapter to "open" and the lens to the smallest aperture it has. Then you mount the lens to the adapter. Then you switch the adapter from "open" to "lock."

At that point, the pin will push the aperture lever and the lens will function as though it's mounted on a Canon camera (ie: with a functional aperture).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Makes sense. Thanks everyone!

8. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    You mean this screw? It's on every adapter and also every micro 4/3 lens with a metal mount. On the plastic lenses, they mold a peg there. Its purpose is as LegacyLens said. There's a stop on the camera body and the screw hits it when mounting the lens. Otherwise the lens or adapter would keep spinning.

adapter.jpg

9. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Yes!! thats the one, Thank you