1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A Really Good Bag for Adventures

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jfdana, Sep 16, 2013.

1. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
    I selected the Pana forum because I'm using a GH3, but this works for all m43 cameras.

I've been using a "Lowepro Photo Sport Sling" all summer for medium killer day hikes up to 8 miles and it works great. After a while, and especially on the down part (this probably results as much from age, fatigue, and muscle stress as from design), my right shoulder starts to get a bit sore. But having grown up in the mountains (in the "pre-goretex" era), it works great. Light as light can be. For tramping around (including in cities) I can't imagine a better quick-draw pack and it holds my jacket, lunch, water, and whatever else quite comfortably.

I just bought, in anticipation of shooting throughout the fall and winter, the "photo sport 200 aw" which is slightly larger and a balanced backpack. The same easy access camera pocket, but with more space for layers and food.

Absolutely no connection to Lowe, but credit where credit is due.

2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I wear a Utilikilt (or hiking shorts with extra pockets) when I hike. No shoulder burden whatsoever. :D Notice the conveniently stashed bag of animal crackers.

And I also bring a Mirrorless Mover 20 if I am bringing more than one body or two lenses.

P1000756-M.

Attached Files:

3. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
    Thank goodness for cultural differences. My middle name may be Fullerton, but I doubt that even I'd escape the mountains unharmed (Ned Beatty anyone?) thus kilted.

I do hope to tramp around the Scottish Highlands within the next few years as a dream vacation (Ben Nevis here we come). Although it could turn out to be just another Steve Coogan/Rob Brydon jokefest.

But then my Rob is named Colleen, and we live in Maine, not LDN, so the omens rejoice.

Photos to come in years future.

• Like Like x 1