A question on pricing

Hektor

subscribing member
I am considering buying a Vario-Elmar 14-50 f3.8-5.6 to use on my L10 body, but the price varies so much from something like about $600 to over a thousand new. Some of the lower prices come from lenses sold in Japan. Any reason why I should not take a chance with the lower priced lenses - assuming they are new? I have read the reviews already so I am pretty much convinced to buy the Vario Elmar. I have the Vario Elmarit already.
Thanks

edmsnap

Mu-43 Veteran
I would definitely not buy that lens for $1000; frankly $600 is quite a lot. On the used market, just make sure that your seller is good and that's totally the route to go. On eBay, top-rated sellers and people with good ratings usually don't pose any problems. I see that B&H has that lens used right now for $380 here and Amazon has a number of used for the same price. KEH has an EX-rated f/2.8-3.5 version of the lens for $400 right now here, so I assume that when they have the slow 14-50 in stock that it's priced well below that. I think with some shopping, you can save yourself a lot of money.

Edmunds

Mu-43 Regular
The Vario-Elmar 14-50 f3.8-5.6 is not the lens the reviews are "raving" about. Its a cheap kit lens worth about $100 maximum.

Latest threads

Top Bottom