A Question of Focus

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Kemo53, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Kemo53

Kemo53 New to Mu-43

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm not sure if I am in the right section, sorry. I have an EPL5 and am pleased with it's performance. Because I do not trust my aging eyes, I generally rely on the autofocus. I love the touch screen and generally have the camera set to "focus and shoot". Most of the time it is spot on, but once in a while it focuses on a nearby target... particularly when I attempt a shot of movement. Is there a correction for this, am I doing something wrong, or is there another solution ? Thank you. Kevin

2. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    The best way to ensure the camera focuses on your intended target is to manually select a focus point. If you let the camera decide there's always the danger that it will pick the wrong thing to track.

3. zensu

zensu Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama USA
    Bobby
    It's been a while since I sold my E-PL5 for an E-M5 but I recall having to shrink the size of the AF box or it would occasionally do as you say, focus on the wrong thing. I'm sorry I don't remember how to tweak that setting but it's something I truly miss on the E-M5! You can shrink the AF box on the E-M5 but it won't stay there when you power down unlike the E-PL5 which remembers the setting. I miss my E-PL5.:frown:

4. Kemo53

Kemo53 New to Mu-43

Sep 14, 2013
    Thank you

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    INFO => arrow/dial will change the size of the focus box when it is active (whenever you can see the green box).

• Like Like x 4