1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A Question of Focus

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Kemo53, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Kemo53

Kemo53 New to Mu-43

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm not sure if I am in the right section, sorry. I have an EPL5 and am pleased with it's performance. Because I do not trust my aging eyes, I generally rely on the autofocus. I love the touch screen and generally have the camera set to "focus and shoot". Most of the time it is spot on, but once in a while it focuses on a nearby target... particularly when I attempt a shot of movement. Is there a correction for this, am I doing something wrong, or is there another solution ? Thank you. Kevin

2. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    The best way to ensure the camera focuses on your intended target is to manually select a focus point. If you let the camera decide there's always the danger that it will pick the wrong thing to track.

3. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    It's been a while since I sold my E-PL5 for an E-M5 but I recall having to shrink the size of the AF box or it would occasionally do as you say, focus on the wrong thing. I'm sorry I don't remember how to tweak that setting but it's something I truly miss on the E-M5! You can shrink the AF box on the E-M5 but it won't stay there when you power down unlike the E-PL5 which remembers the setting. I miss my E-PL5.:frown:

4. Kemo53

Kemo53 New to Mu-43

Sep 14, 2013
    Thank you

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    INFO => arrow/dial will change the size of the focus box when it is active (whenever you can see the green box).

• Like Like x 4