A Question For E-M1 II Owners

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
I have a quick question for E-M1 II owners that I am hoping can be answered about the shutter:
  • What is the longest shutter speed that can be used with the electronic shutter? Is it truly 60 seconds (as reported in the specs section @ B&H).
  • What is the longest shutter speed that can be used in bulb mode? Is it truly 30 minutes (as reported in the specs section @ B&H).
I ask about electronic shutter for timelapse shooting. The current E-M1 limits the electronic shutter to a maximum exposure of something like 1/8s (something not correctly reported @ B&H). This is annoying for shooting timelapses during sunrise or sunset, where one would want to drag the shutter to accentuate light trails once the light levels drop. It forces us to use the mechanical shutter, which just adds unnecessary wear & tear on the shutter mechanism.

I ask about the bulb mode for really long exposures. If it can truly shoot for 30 minutes in bulb mode, then that's great. Some other m43 cameras limit the exposure in bulb mode to 2 minutes.

Thank you for your help!

G.Webb

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
G
Hi Ian,
I checked my E-M1 m2 and the electronic shutter (silent shutter as well as anti shock) will go to 60 seconds. Where my E-M1m1 won't.

As far as bulb time, there is a Bulb/time timer that can be set up to 30 minutes same as the E-M1m1.
Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
Let me know if this helps.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Hi Ian,
I checked my E-M1 m2 and the electronic shutter (silent shutter as well as anti shock) will go to 60 seconds. Where my E-M1m1 won't.

As far as bulb time, there is a Bulb/time timer that can be set up to 30 minutes same as the E-M1m1.
Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
Let me know if this helps.
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you G!

Latest threads

Top Bottom