1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A prime a day

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Uncle Frank, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    I have a new routine, designed to improve my understanding of perspective. I choose a prime each day, and leave my other lenses at home. Today's prime was the 7.5/3.5 Rokinon. I used it for some interiors at Lowe's.

My wife waiting for the rep...
    P1000526%20mr.

a very helpful guy named Gene.
    P1000535%20mr.

Then I slipped. :redface: I liked Gene's environmental portrait, but to do a proper portrait, I needed the 45/1.8, which I had accidentally left in the camera bag. :rolleyes:

P1000538%20mr.

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Nice colourful set. I'll miss my FE.

3. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    Thanks, Bill, and best of luck with your new system. But there's no need to miss the FE. Rokinon makes a version for the Fuji X-mount. :clap2::dance4:

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I was aware of this Frank but thanks for the thought. I'm a bit cash strapped after a 4 lens splurge for the Fuji.

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I love the idea of this challenge, Frank. Too bad you didn't have the courage of your convictions to stick with the one lens restriction. :wink:

6. Nathan King

Nathan King Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    I've been doing this for a little bit. The exercise really opens you up creatively, but sometimes it about kills you because you see a subject and you know you could achieve a killer composition with another lens. Then sometimes you get creative and end up with something even better at the different focal length. :thumbup:

7. Anthonys

Anthonys Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Sydney
    Anthony
    Nicely shot, I think this is one of my favourite lenses for the system. It's surprising how 'normal' you can make the shots look if you frame them the right way.