A Portrait Shot In Prague

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by StudioHeraBell, Aug 24, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

If you would like to read the story behind this shot, I invite you to visit the link below.

My Photo Ramblings: The Guard In Prague

It was shot with my Lumix G1, and 45mm/200mm lens. Slightly edited in PS with Silver FX Pro.

Cheers,

Hera

• Like Like x 6
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Ya got it going on Hera.
    Nice....
    Don

3. bebrox

bebrox Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2009
    Scotland
    Fantastic

A wonderful capture, great angle to capture such a personality...thanks for sharing.

And great to see a photo taken with the G1

4. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi Hera!
    As I wrote in your blog, it's a phantastic portrait. At the first glance it seems that this shot was done on a well pushed Tri-X.....:smile:

Prague is THE town of b/w photography for many decades. Prague breaths in silver-halogenide....:biggrin:

For me the most impressive exhibition there was the museum of Jan Palach, a student who commited suicide due to the soviet occupation:

Jan Palach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two years ago I visited Prague with my Nikon-buddies. What a wonderful town, but very cold in February. But only some few tourists and an ugly working-tent on the Charles-bridge. Anyway, old stones didn't impress me too much at this photo-trip but the people and messing around with my Leica MP and the 35mm Cron plus Fuji Acros/Neopan I got nice photographs.

Prague - a set on Flickr

Edit: in your biography I found that you are born in Istanbul, whoww! Heaving read a book from Orhan Pamuk about the special mood named "Hüzün" together with the photographs of Ara Güler, it striked a string in me and top of December I'll fly to Istanbul. Hopefully I'll find some places where there will be not so much neon-lighting....... ;-)

5. Thank you all for kind words and encouragements.

Yes, I am Armenian born in Istanbul.

We sepent 3 weeks in Prague when we held our first travel Blog.

Our Prague Adventures

I can't edit well on my portable computer screen, so the photos aren't much edited. But we held our daily adventures with text and photos.

In 3 weeks we are off for 3 weeks to Florence. We will explore the region to our own pace.

I love Prague.

Cheers,

Hera Bell

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.