A Portrait Shot In Prague

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by StudioHeraBell, Aug 24, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

If you would like to read the story behind this shot, I invite you to visit the link below.

My Photo Ramblings: The Guard In Prague

It was shot with my Lumix G1, and 45mm/200mm lens. Slightly edited in PS with Silver FX Pro.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Ya got it going on Hera.
  3. bebrox

bebrox Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2009

A wonderful capture, great angle to capture such a personality...thanks for sharing.

And great to see a photo taken with the G1
  4. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi Hera!
    As I wrote in your blog, it's a phantastic portrait. At the first glance it seems that this shot was done on a well pushed Tri-X.....:smile:

Prague is THE town of b/w photography for many decades. Prague breaths in silver-halogenide....:biggrin:

For me the most impressive exhibition there was the museum of Jan Palach, a student who commited suicide due to the soviet occupation:

Jan Palach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two years ago I visited Prague with my Nikon-buddies. What a wonderful town, but very cold in February. But only some few tourists and an ugly working-tent on the Charles-bridge. Anyway, old stones didn't impress me too much at this photo-trip but the people and messing around with my Leica MP and the 35mm Cron plus Fuji Acros/Neopan I got nice photographs.

Prague - a set on Flickr

Edit: in your biography I found that you are born in Istanbul, whoww! Heaving read a book from Orhan Pamuk about the special mood named "Hüzün" together with the photographs of Ara Güler, it striked a string in me and top of December I'll fly to Istanbul. Hopefully I'll find some places where there will be not so much neon-lighting....... ;-)
  5. Thank you all for kind words and encouragements.

Yes, I am Armenian born in Istanbul.

We sepent 3 weeks in Prague when we held our first travel Blog.

Our Prague Adventures

I can't edit well on my portable computer screen, so the photos aren't much edited. But we held our daily adventures with text and photos.

In 3 weeks we are off for 3 weeks to Florence. We will explore the region to our own pace.

I love Prague.

Hera Bell
    • Like Like x 3