a place to discuss audio

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    In case any of you missed it, there's a new forum for discussing audio and audio gear with some friendly faces. Whether you are super techy or just like music, whether you are a headphone person or prefer to listen to speakers, whether you're a lossless digital hero or an analog throwback, this is the place to hang out.

Let your voice be heard. Even if you just contribute to the simple "What are you listening to now" thread. Contribute to the community.

And there is conveniently a link in the upper right corner of the page, but you can use this one, too. See you there. Pop your head in and introduce yourself and tell us what you are listening to (or through).

Audio Gear Club

• Like Like x 3
  2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Hi Amin,

Sorry to hear that AGC did not work out for you. Also, I visited Nikon Cafe to look for posts on a topic, but could not find a search box. Did I just not find it, or is one not available?

--Ken

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Ken,

Was bummed that AGC just fizzled. I guess it's like the old saying, "Writing about music (or audio) is like dancing about architecture".

Re: Nikon Cafe, I didn't realize that search was disabled for guests there! Thanks for pointing that out. Now fixed.

All best,
    Amin

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. Mohun

Mohun Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    There's always the venerable AVS Forum, which deals with audio and video. I've been a member for years and have gotten solid advice on displays, BD players and have even found a reliable repair person who's the go-to expert for fixing the long-since discontinued (in North America) Panasonic DVDRs. I had a very good experience shipping my DMR EH75 to him for restoration of its failed audio section, complete with a good and needed cleaning and lots of connection advice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    There are plenty of good forums, like AVS, but I know that Amin is also a bit of an audiophile, and would have liked to see the new forum take off.

--Ken

6. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    There's also Audiokarma (been a member there for many years) but I was hoping to have a simpler forum with the same sense of community that we have here.

7. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I'm a recovered Head-Fi member from many years ago, and I still have my account, but I didn't really want to get on that merry go round again for a simple issue. And I too had hoped for the sense of community we have here. Too bad there is not a way for all of Amin's sites to be under one roof so a subforum on audio might have enough critical mass for occasional discussions. We do seem close here, but a slightly larger base might help.

--Ken

8. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    I have been on Audiokarma, AVSForum and Head-Fi at various times as well. Mostly, though, I found that I solved my audio needs to my satisfaction a few years ago and haven't really focused on them since. Though, I should probably fix my B&O record player sometime. I had intended to sign up for AGC, but never got around to it. So I was part of the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Similar situation. But, sometimes experience and feedbck from knowledgeable folks who have not gone off the deep end is helpful.

--Ken

• Agree Agree x 1