A new specific genre gallery: Still Life

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BBW, May 19, 2010.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

We've created a new specific genre gallery called "Still Life" which is a gallery for photographs of a variety of inanimate objects, be they sculptures, artwork, food, or just about any other interesting objects and things that you have chosen to photograph that are not architectural or truly "nature" or that fit into the other galleries listed.

Should you find that you really have posted some photos in other galleries that don't quite fit, it would be great to move them into "Still Life", or if that is not quite correct you can always use your own personal gallery/albums. While it is true that moving one's photos from one gallery to another, or deleting them for that matter, will break any links to threads so you can either repost them or you can just chalk it off to the way things work and not worry too much about it. As Amin has explained at the outset, mu-43.com only has so much space per person for gallery uploads.

The easiest way to move one's photos from one gallery to another is as follows: when viewing your photographs within the Street gallery, all you have to do is click on Photo Options > Edit Photo, use the drop-down menu next to "Change category" to select "Still Life" (or another appropriate gallery including your own personal one), and then click on "Submit changes" at the bottom.

I've just uploaded several older photos of mine to bring some "life" to the gallery and look forward to seeing other people's additions soon.:thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Can I include a couple of UK Politicians in the "Still Life" Category as most of the MPs are "inanimate objects"

Anyway I'll stick one of mine in as you are "bumping"
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Good idea. I hear tell there are a few here in the colony that qualify for still life....
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

As tempting as it might be...if you can be sure they are effigy only, then by all means!:biggrin:
  5. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Some old regulars in this thread - I can't actually get to the gallery linked off here though :-(

Anyhow, my contribution which I was looking for a suitable home for, will hopefully bump the thread and get the gallery opened up . . .