1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A new member

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by watches, Sep 7, 2013.

1. watches

watches New to Mu-43

Sep 7, 2013
    Hello All,
    Just received my new GX1...Still waiting for the 45mm 2.8....chose not to go the GX7 route basically because of price point. Will be looking for additional lens opportunities in the buy-sell forum. I'm sure I will have lots of questions as I begin my usage of what I believe to be this wonderful piece of equipment.
    For starters would like to get opinions of the best external flash-just to gain more distance (nothing fancy)...Thank you

2. Dduval

Dduval Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    Welcome watches. I'm fairly new here too. You'll find a wealth of info here and many members who can steer you in the right direction...it's a great place.

3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Hey! Nice choice of camera; I went with the GX1 as well :)

Another fun way to get your hands on other focal lengths inexpensively is adapting legacy glass. I've paid a grand total of $24 for my two adapters, and great manual aperture/focus lenses are everywhere, just waiting to be adapted, for pennies on the dollar!

4. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    uk
    i'm all oly at the moment but almost got this cam as well... welcome!! :biggrin:

5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Watches!

Regards,

Jim

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! I have a Nissin flash and it works well at a reasonable price.

7. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012