A New Life Begins Today

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
We were so excited to be able to enjoy the exciting entrance into the world - of our 4'th grandchild "Oakley Gabriella".

Our youngest son Ryan (who I recently completed the music video for) and his wife Ashley, were so thrilled to have the identity of their first child - revealed to them at around 10:00 this morning. Ryan sobbed with tears upon finding out that it was a "girl" nestled inside Ashley's womb for the past 9 months. A girl was what he was hoping for.

Ryan and Ashley invited us (Anne and I and our children and grandchildren - as well as Ashleys mother father and sister) into the birthing room, about 20 minutes after Oakley's arrival. She was bright eyed, strong and beautiful and I was prepared and ready to capture HD footage and still images of the goings on, with my Olympus E-PL1 with kit lens attached - as well as some natural light stills with my Olympus E-3 with 50mm f2 macro attached.

A new family - portrait taken about 1/2 hour after the birth.
Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42 @ 33mm : f6.3@1/50'th sec : 3200 ISO
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My grandson Mason was capturing still images with my E-3 and 50mm f2 lens - while I was shooting the video and stills with the E-PL1
Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42 @ 14mm : f6.3@1/40'th sec : 800 ISO

Proud uncle Robert (our oldest son) with Ryan watching on. Love this shot!
Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42 @ 14mm : f6.3@1/30'th sec : 640 ISO

----

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
An overview of the room right after we arrived.

Ryan holding her small feet in his hands as she was being weighed.
Olympus E-3 with 50mm f2 macro : f2.8@1/80'th sec : 1250 ISO

This is a shot that Anne and I have taken of each of our grandchildren. They are framed and displayed together in our home. There are now 2 with Anne's hands and 2 (including this one) with my hands. This shot was taken a few hours later when we returned.
Olympus E-3 with 50mm f2 macro : f2.8@1/125'th sec : 640 ISO

Upon leaving to give Ashley some rest, I asked her to tuck in close to Oakley for a few closeups. There are a couple of the shots from this series that are probably better than this one - - - but I love the way she spontaneously tucked her face in to kiss her baby in this one.
Olympus E-3 with 50mm f2 macro : f2.8@1/125'th sec : 800 ISO

----

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Thank you Robert, these are all so touching and lovely. Congratulations upon the birth of your newest granddaughter Oakley and to your son and his beautiful wife. The love is as clear as day.

They're so lucky to have you, your wife and your family there with them.:flowers_2::flowers_2::flowers_2::flowers_2:

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Robert, it simply doesn't get better than this... thank you so much for sharing this joyful event with us, and congratulations on your beautiful photography here :2thumbs: :yahoo: :friends:

Cheers

Brian

WT21

Super Moderator
Fantastic, congratulations and welcome to the new one!

Great set, and a great and joyous occasion.

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice shots of nice moment
- Guess those pictures will be worth a lot all people there!!!

chris.j.sorensen

Mu-43 Regular
congratulations!

what a beautiful little girl! these photos brought me back nine months to when my daughter was born. i don't think there is anything more beautiful or life changing. all the best to you and your family!

taylorgso

New to Mu-43
Beautiful shots. The day must have been quite a high! I only wish when my children were born that they would have allowed family into the "delivery room." To make matters worse, back then they just moved babies into a nursury, and parents didn't have much contact first day or so. Your wonderful photos bring back wonderful memories to all of us who have been so blessed.

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
These photos are what it's all about....

Helping us savor the most precious moments in our lives. Beautifully captured!
Isabel

An overview of the room right after we arrived.

Ryan holding her small feet in his hands as she was being weighed.
Olympus E-3 with 50mm f2 macro : f2.8@1/80'th sec : 1250 ISO

This is a shot that Anne and I have taken of each of our grandchildren. They are framed and displayed together in our home. There are now 2 with Anne's hands and 2 (including this one) with my hands. This shot was taken a few hours later when we returned.
Olympus E-3 with 50mm f2 macro : f2.8@1/125'th sec : 640 ISO

Upon leaving to give Ashley some rest, I asked her to tuck in close to Oakley for a few closeups. There are a couple of the shots from this series that are probably better than this one - - - but I love the way she spontaneously tucked her face in to kiss her baby in this one.
Olympus E-3 with 50mm f2 macro : f2.8@1/125'th sec : 800 ISO

----

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom