1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A must see -Love story at 45 :)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Bhupinder2002, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

mm :wink::wink::wink:
    Yes love story at 45 mm 1.8 , hahaah I am not 45 yet :smile:
    Anyway these are few images I shot with this gem and it never fails to impress .I do dream of getting 75mm 1.8 but this little beast is superb.Enjoy these shots and please do leave comments , compliments , suggestions :tongue::tongue:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

I dont understand why do u carry this BIG MONSTER to embarrass me :rolleyes:
    P4210774.

Relax Honey ..I am gonna buy OMD with 75 mm 1.8 and we will shoot cool potraits :thumbup:
    P4210775.

Whats the point honey? You always say that and I hate this camera :frown:
    P4210780.

Let me see what you have shot ?
    P4210777.

See , I told you hundred times , those JPEGS suck :doh::doh::doh:now you will go home and waste our ROMANTIC time on RAW files :frown::frown:
    P4210817.

Look .. :eek:mg::eek:mg: an OMD with Olympus 45 mm 1.8 Wow.. Pic Please :dancingparty:
    P4210773.

Honey... I am tired of carrying this BLACK BRICK.. I need to chill out:drinks:
    P4210906.

Who cares about OMD ... FF... DSLR :wtf: I love my camera phone
    :2thumbs::2thumbs:

P4210938.

Okay ..Time to go home now ..enough :redface::redface::redface:

P4210757.

2. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    A remarkable optic but crap build quality

3. Bhupinder2002

Hahah Hi Alan
    I agree but Leica will charge u USD 9999 and CZ around USD 6000, Canon may charge USD1999 and Nikon 1899 and still give a crap optic with Brilliant built quality and I wont buy it . I am happy for a 300 dollar lens to perform at par with the best ones .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :drinks::drinks:

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    That was hilarious:clapping:

5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Great story that I can relate to having just let my D700 kit go and replaced with the OMD - best deal I have done and my back really appreciates it.

Ok, the 45 is not made of metal but I would not classify the build as crap and it is a great value lens for the price, in metal it would be in the same price range as the 12mm so I can live with the build as I treat it with love and it repays me with quality images.....Simple!

6. Bhupinder2002

Thanks Ian ..
    I agree , Its the optical performance which is more important and built is fine .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

7. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    I have no prob with the optical performance, but you have to take the front part, off the lens to fit a £30 lenshood that cost penny's to make, which doesn't fit square and when fitted, wobbles about, It is just silver painted plastic that easily scatched and scuffed ...oh, were did I put that front bit of lens? maybe they could learn from Sigma on how to build a good lenshood that they include in a $99 lens

8. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Now now, Bhupinder, Zeiss camera lenses aren't that expensive - the 85/1.4 is only about 1000, and the 50/1.4 Planar 600 new (Canon or Nikon mount), and can be had for less in Contax mount ;)

I like but don't love the 45 - the build quality is fine because of the price, the sharpness is excellent, I just still don't quite gel with the focal length...

9. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Try the LIM's SAH-SE37S1. - about the same price as the Olympus hood, excellent build quality from aluminium, you can reverse it for storage and it stops the trim ring falling off. Yes you need to fit a filter to use it but you can take the filter out and just use the threaded ring.

10. Bhupinder2002

Thanks you so much for letting me know. I know , this FL is not fav with everyone but some how I like it . When shooting pics like in this thread , this FL comes handy actually . I am much more pleased with what this lens churns out at USD 299-350 :2thumbs:
    Cheers

11. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    nice pics! I love the 45, it's design philosophy is the same as the 40-150, focus on the best part, the optic quality. I actually like the plastic build, makes it weigh almost nothing.

12. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    +1

Bhupinder, your commentary is hilarious! Great pics, though I wish I could "unsee" #8. :wink:

13. Bhupinder2002

Thanks Margaret :smile:
    Simple plain pics are boring . I was on a small cruise and OMD with Oly 45 mm did attract this couple and he did ask me about this camera and lens . Its really amazing this small combo can deliver such beautiful images .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

14. Bhupinder2002

Hi Danny ..
    Thanks a lot man . I agree with you . I handled nokton 17mm and 25 mm and honestly wasnt very impressed with size and the weight . Give me exellent optics in plastics , I will take any day :2thumbs::2thumbs:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

15. Bhupinder2002

Its actually that bad either . I dont want my grandchildren to sell this lens on ebay for AUD 7999 after 50 years from now ..:wink::wink: