1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A must see for everyone who appreciates truly fantastic photography

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by tonyjuliano, May 17, 2012.

1. tonyjuliano

tonyjuliano Mu-43 Regular

You would be hard pressed to find a better collection of vintage color photography anywhere, kudos to the people over at the Denver Post...

[​IMG]

Make sure you view them all via Captured: America in Color from 1939-1943 – Plog Photo Blog

• Like Like x 7
  2. Please check that you have the copyright permissions to directly post the image on this site.

The Library of Congress also has a flickr account; 15,700 images and counting...

3. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Pretty sure this has been posted before, but oh well, simply stunning!

4. tonyjuliano

tonyjuliano Mu-43 Regular

The image I posted (as well as all the imagery on the site I linked to) are in the public domain.

5. Cassady

Cassady New to Mu-43

May 4, 2012
    Thanks for the link. There's some really great stuff there.

In fact, all of the FSA stuff is pretty great.

6. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    The American people of the 1930's paid for these images. They certainly should be in the public domain.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    [​IMG]

Speaks volumes, yet says just word, the first word that came to mind when I opened it...........'PRIDE'....wonderful image.

8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    True and stunning documentary photography that captures the era in a sympathetic but honest way, if only many working professionals still had the same work ethic today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.