A "must read" if you are a bird photographer !

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by f6cvalkyrie, Jun 21, 2011.

1. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium

in recent times, several incidents have taken place between bird photographers.

Some are related here :

When birdwatchers go bad: how the rise of 'wildlife paparazzi' has led to 'hide rage' - Telegraph

To avoid further aggravation, "Britsh Birds" have proposed a brandnew "Code of Conduct" for all those who enjoy to shoot pictures of birds.

Bird photography

I would like to suggest that all of us shooting and sharing bird pics adhere to this CoC without hesitation !!!!

Happy shooting (of pics, of course),
  2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    It is kind of common sense.
    I don't think I'd contravene any of that anyway.
    And I tend to be very put off photographing if there are other photographers there (just one person with a big lens next to me is enough). I never want to feel like I'm part of a paparaz, especially on a living thing.

I suppose now the equipment is more widespread and there are more opportunities for non-professionals to have their work shown, sometimes on national TV, there might be more people going too far.
    Although I would have thought most people seeking to take good photos of animals have respect for those creatures and I hope wouldn't want to harass them in any way.
  3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    All I can say is Wow.
  4. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard