A "must read" if you are a bird photographer !

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by f6cvalkyrie, Jun 21, 2011.

1. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi,

in recent times, several incidents have taken place between bird photographers.

Some are related here :

When birdwatchers go bad: how the rise of 'wildlife paparazzi' has led to 'hide rage' - Telegraph

To avoid further aggravation, "Britsh Birds" have proposed a brandnew "Code of Conduct" for all those who enjoy to shoot pictures of birds.

Bird photography

I would like to suggest that all of us shooting and sharing bird pics adhere to this CoC without hesitation !!!!

Happy shooting (of pics, of course),
    Rafael

2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    It is kind of common sense.
    I don't think I'd contravene any of that anyway.
    And I tend to be very put off photographing if there are other photographers there (just one person with a big lens next to me is enough). I never want to feel like I'm part of a paparaz, especially on a living thing.

I suppose now the equipment is more widespread and there are more opportunities for non-professionals to have their work shown, sometimes on national TV, there might be more people going too far.
    Although I would have thought most people seeking to take good photos of animals have respect for those creatures and I hope wouldn't want to harass them in any way.

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    All I can say is Wow.

4. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard