1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A morning walk with the EPM1 and the Oly 17 2.8

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LDraper, Apr 10, 2015.

1. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Somewhat on a whim I grabbed my EPM1 with its attached Oly 17 2.8 when I went out for a walk this morning. I thought it would be interesting to limit myself to what is an older equipment choice, but also one that I have enjoyed using in the past. With all the focus on cutting edge equipment choices and critical comparisons of this lens' sharpness vs that lens' rendering I thought it would be a good reminder that a good photographic experience is perfectly possible with a camera and a lens that are not likely to float to the top of anyone's list of "best choices." I had a good time!

Here's the first image of my walk heading into the sun.

P4091623.

At the end of the street I come to the ditch (Albuquerque's valley has a network of irrigation ditches that carry water from March to October).

I've taken dozens of photos of this tree and I still enjoy trying to capture a good image of it. This is not the best - but the light is nice.
    P4091626.

Every section has its own character. Some are more picturesque than others. Some parts of the path are pretty industrial.
    P4091627. P4091628.

Everywhere are the elm and cottonwood trees P4091631.

P4091630.

I couldn't get the autofocus to lock on the leaf so I had to resort to mf - which I can only activate via the menu. But it works!
    P4091634.

Here's my art director. Waiting expectantly.

P4091647.

. . . . and one more shot of trees, leaves and reflections.

P4091640.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4