A Month of ME! (TONS O PICS, ZOMG)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Bokeaji, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    so ekim keeps saying to spend less time in PP(but i loooooveeeeeeet!) so i thought id try that... and just do everything the same(ok, theres a COUPLE diff, but they were test ones before i decided on WHICH style to SIMPLIFY with!)

btw, i settled on +3-7 contrast(wherever i randomly clicked), then silver efex for the something something HARSH... its like 1 click down ;),and then some vignette... i clicked to about the end of the word AMOUNT... im SO precise! ;D

btw, any semblence of sharpenning is 100% from the something something HARSH filter auto using the structure slider for me... i have no idea how to sharpen, nor do i usually fuss over things being crispity crisp anyways

HAVING SAID THAT... if anyone had sharpening advice, hit me in the face with it... i need to learn :)

i also totally ignored his "only post good ones" comment... pSHAW!

really, i started the night dreading unloading my memory card, that had billions of photos on it.. UGH!

(oops... so i only changed the flickr share thing to 1024 for SOME of the pics, and im too lazy to go back and redo them.. so some are tiny, and some are normal... just zoom with yer face! ;) )

now tear me to shreds and tell me how all these would have been better with an em5 so i can cry myself to sleep tonight... im kidding..

im not.

i still need to go recritique bhupinders pics... stupid ipad app!

this one wasnt shot straight on.. so i couldnt square it up.. so i spun it crazy and cropped it a bit
    P4224095 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    this just made me laugh
    P4224092 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    matching lines! i felt like i was a brill st tog here... cept her face was covered... whatver!
    P4053170 by Gubrz, on Flickr

P4053247 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    i actually snagged a snap of her actually picking up the thing she dropped, but it happened so fast that my FROM THE HIP was sorta forced into a FROM THE KNEE, or something. i was totally not ready.
    P4053310 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    i kinda think this ones got a bit o the 3d magic to it
    P4053333 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    i liked her face in his heads reflection
    P4053338 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    more 3dness!
    P4053369 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    this will make its way into my "MY AUSTIN" project ill eventually officially start. austin loves food carts! and this food cart happens to have gnutella filled waffles with ice cream and whipped cream on top. *rubs belly*
    P4053373 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    the owner of said gut expanding food
    P4053389 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    my nephew... he couldnt hit well.. and when he did, he ran the imaginary bases backward. mebbe hell be amazing at math or something :)
    P4083621 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    BAD DOGGY! DONT LICK MY GUCCIS! I have no idea what is going on here... but im sure hell be punished for it later...
    P4173822 by Gubrz, on Flickr

P4213882 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    i think this will be my new phone wallpaper...
    P4213960 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    yes i wear toe shoes... yes theyre comfy... yes im a whackadoodle.a
    P4213961 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    thisll also be part of the austin project... its a "ghost bike"
    P4224065 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    a ridiculously vibrant over-saturated seeming flower in front of graffiti and a power plant... i love it
    P4224090 by Gubrz, on Flickr
    this just seemed like a good THE END photo ;)
    P4224091 by Gubrz, on Flickr

thanks for looking!!!
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    You wear toe shoes !! :eek:

I like the kid swinging the bat shot.....firstly because kids for the most part are pretty crap at sport and thats kinda 'cute funny' in it's own right (that is until they get really really good, really really fast.....then that sucks) ...and secondly, your comment made me laugh, I really hope he gets good math grades too :wink:

I think the less we know about what that guy was trying to do to the dog with a spoon...the better !!!

I like the flower shot heaps too btw....always kinda cool when you find something like that in the least likely of places.

Really ? .....you wear toe shoes ?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Great collection! I really love the overpass shot (I'm on a architecture kick right now. The boy with the bat is an awesome capture!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Joe's right! All your fabulous work gone to waste in the presence of toe shoes :tongue:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    heres another baseball shot
    middle niece this time, and shes already good at creative stuff... so sports scholarships unecessary ;)
    P4083617 by Gubrz, on Flickr

yeah the spoon dog guy is concerning... lol
    i also like that the girl is whatever about a man on all 4s with a spoon and a dog at her feet.

the light was super harsh and bright for the flower shot, and in color it looks like i have the yellow channel cranked to the max! lol

theres a thread on dpr, or was it here???..., that was about taking a shot of the same thing obsessively.. that overpass is on my list for that... lol
    i can never get the sign exactly where i want it!

and i love me some toe shoes! im quirky tho...
  6. dcassat

dcassat Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2011
    The contrast on these is outstanding. I don't know which camera you are using?

Great shots!

Please elaborate.

7. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    ive got the 12/17/20/45 1.8 lenses
    just a small, 3-7, bump in contrast, and then nik software silver efex pro using... "xxxxxx HARSH"
    it automatically ups the structure slider a bit, which is prolly the contrastiness yer seeing