A month in India with GX7s

RzzB

Mu-43 Regular
Well I survived a month in India - first real outing with a pair of GX7s. I say survived - there seems to be two words missing from the language there - one is "Health", the other is "Safety"!

First two weeks were on a Paul Sansome workshop in Rajasthan - the second two were travelling with a guide and driver in Sikkim - scary heights and roads! Actually a brilliant month.

See some images on Flickr here....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rzzzb/sets/72157644061112965/

Roy

RzzB

Mu-43 Regular
Very nice set! What lenses did you use?
This is what I had with me...

Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 Prime
Olympus 45mm f/1.8 Prime
Olumpus 9-18mm f/4-5.6
Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8
Panasonic 45-200mm f/4-5.6
Panasonic 100-300mm f/4-5.6

Mainly used the 12-35mm f/2.8, 45-200mm f/4-5.6 and the Olympus 45mm f/1.8.

Roy

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Enjoyed viewing the set, very interesting.
One of the shots appears to show 3rd world dental surgery at its best, lol. It looks like some geezer, a would be 'dentist', using a toffee hammer with a cloth ready to catch the stream of flowing blood.

Duncan

Mu-43 Regular
Wow, really great pictures. What is going on in the picture of the man with the small hammer? Is he doing dental work?

RzzB

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks to all for the kind words...

Ha ha - yes indeed that is the local dentist! He was on the pavement (sidewalk) - well beside the road, in town - with a crowd of onlookers! It was difficult to get near enough to take photos.

I didn't wait for the blood!

Roy

RzzB

Mu-43 Regular
Many thanks to all for the kind words.

Annoyingly, (only joking) what I consider to be the best photo of the trip was taken by my wife!
And she is a painter not a photographer!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rzzzb/13944232426/in/set-72157644214637614

I told her to put it on her web site, give up painting and take up photography :)
The shot was taken with her G3 and 14-140mm lens.

I'm a bit busy at the moment but I will try to get around to writing up my experiences with the M43 kit on the trip, in the next few weeks. If anyone is interested that is!

Roy