1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A miniature experience

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by silversx80, Jan 20, 2013.

1. silversx80

silversx80 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2012
    North Carolina
    It's been a while since I've posted anything here, and even longer since I've had fun with my camera. My work has kept me extremely busy and my time for my most beloved hobbies seems to be growing ever shorter.

Due to the nature of my work, I meet some very interesting folk, from many different walks of life. I met one of the most interesting gentlemen back in November (2012). Standard introductions when I came to his home, and through the course of small-talk, he asked me if I'd like to see his model train set. Now, many people have asked me to see their hobbies, so I thought nothing of it, expecting a few trains in nice shape. I have an uncle who is huge into the model train scene, and I've always been impressed by the level of detail one pays attention to, so I figured I'd take a few minutes to humor him.

He took me in to his "train room" and my jaw proceeded to hit the floor. The first words I could mutter out, as he was turning on all the lights, was "may I photograph this?" He was more than happy to allow me the pleasure, and seemed quite honored that I would ask. It took him over 30 years to amass this collection, and each section is a dedication to the places he's lived throughout his life.

Here is a link to the slideshow for roughly 60 shots:
    Photo Sharing. Your Photos Look Better Here. | SmugMug

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    That is pretty cool!

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Wow, that's one heck of a hobby! :bravo-009:

4. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    That is a labor of love, and time, thanks for sharing!!! :2thumbs:

5. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    My goodness.

6. DPitts

DPitts Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh NC
    Doug Pitts
    ...excellent! My Dad was a railroader...these pics take me back! :)

7. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    wow is right! Some of your photos look like they were taken in real outdoor locations. I come from a railroad town, and one of my favorite photography spots was the train museum....I miss that!!