1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A Mini Survey, Which version?

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by StudioHeraBell, Nov 3, 2010.

1. It was shot with my Panasonic Lumix G1. The lens was 14mm-45mm.

I am doing a mini survey. If you participate by visiting my Blog, you might win a limited edition print from me. I will announce the winner Monday November 8th Morning North American New York time zone.

My Photo Ramblings: Which Version Do You Prefer? A Mini Survey

Anything answered here will not enter the contest. However you are more then welcome to comment on the shot at this Forum Post.

If the image is inappropriate for the Forum (is shows a bit skin) please let me know I would gladly deleate the shot.

[​IMG]

cheers,

Hera Bell

2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    B & W
    Mix

then
    Colour

But any would suit me, although I'm not a fan of graffiti, (on her arm)

You could try with small "boxing gloves" as a "fun" shot - but maybe that is my mischievous mind

3. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Nice picture, and interesting blog!

I agree with Bill, I too prefer the B&W version...

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I seem to like the B&W and mixed versions about equally - couldn't pick one over the other. The full color version is my least favorite, but its not that I DON'T like it! Just don't like it as much as the other two.

-Ray

5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Mixed
    Color
    B&W

Very nice.

6. A.Tan

A.Tan New to Mu-43

Oct 29, 2010
    SoCal
    B&W
    Mix
    Color
    They're all good though.

7. shawngibson

shawngibson Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    Definitely 2. The first one is terrible (sorry) and the 3rd one just looks like a typical desaturated Photoshop image. The second one is cool though:) make it a bit less perfect and it's awesome:)

8. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Color first, though it's a bit too much color, even for me, and I'm known for liking brights. That said, it's very much in a classic illustration style, which color seems to suit best. Second favorite would be the mix, same reason.

9. So far that day by midnight Montreal time the Blog got <strong><span style="color:#990000;">842 unique visitors</span></strong>.

From this crowd in total I got <strong><span style="color:#990000;">281 messages</span></strong> giving me their choices. Many people preferred to write their opinion in private e-mails. I noticed there is a fear out there for getting spammed by Spammers when you become public with your e-mails. This being said, at Blogspot (my Blog provider) lets you post in few ways. If you have a web site, or a member of Blogspot or few other such organisations, or you post under a name without any web referral, or anonymous. In eigther way, you can't post your e-mail at my Blog and make it public. You are safe in that way.

<span style="color:#990000;"><strong>109 people preferred the MIX.
    57 people liked B&amp;W
    15 people liked COLOR

</strong></span>Majority of the opinions were expressed the day of the Blog. I have gotten very few answers few days after the Blog post.

I had to print out the names and cut them out. (except one Anonymous without a name) Put it in a basket and pulled out one name.

The winner is: <strong><em><span style="color:#990000;">Vidar from Norway. His choice was Black &amp; White.

</span></em></strong>I will mail the limited edition matted print as soon as I get his mailing address.

Congratulations Vidar.

http://www.myphotoramblings.com/2010/11/my-photo-surway-results-winner-is.html

Cheers,

Hera Bell

• Like Like x 2
  10. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Thanks Hera - a good thing to do especially as the response is quick so no waiting about

Good luck and best wishes