A message from David Thorpe

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
I'm sorry to hear this news.
I'd only come across David since joining this forum last year but have learnt so much from his excellent videos and the book of his that I bought. My thanks to him seems little in response.
I'm sure the thoughts of all forum users on here are with him.

SilverShutter

Mu-43 Regular
Very sad. I'd encourage anyone to write a heartfelt comment in the video since he has brought so much help and reason to the community.

MNm43

Mu-43 Veteran
A loss for the photography community in general and M43 in particular.

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
That's very sad news indeed, I saw the Youtube notification pop up on my phone earlier, however I haven't checked it until now. I always enjoyed David's videos and reviews, many of them were actually very helpful and important to make the decision on buying/skipping certain equipment, however I watched all of them - even if I wasn't at all interested in the product - simply because I enjoyed listening to him and his good sense of humor and general advice.

I wish him, his family and friends all the best.:frown:

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yes, it's very sad indeed, considering his so very British sense of wit and understatement, I can't imagine him publishing this kind of video on a whim.

Last edited:

Gromit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Richard
Oh this is to terribly sad - but showing great courage to compose a message to his many fans. I've long been a fan of David (he's one of the main reasons I got into Mu43 in the first place), his vast knowledge of the subject and his love for it, coupled with the good old British sense of humour has been the perfect antidote to the wealth of hyperbolic clickbait which populates so much of YouTube.

'Thanks for watching' to which I say 'thank you David for giving us all something special to watch'.

Mike Peters

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Peters
The clarity of his thinking, and the calm measured sound of his gentle voice will be missed. I've always enjoyed and looked forward to his videos and his writing. This is a great loss.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Sad news indeed. I hope he's ok. It takes a lot of time to produce videos to the quality that does.

DAEMANO

Mu-43 Regular
Much love to David. His videos are some of the absolute best. For M43 users, essential.

If David's videos have been of value to you, consider sending a word of encouragement on his YouTube channel. Or better yet, consider buying any of his wonderful books about M43 cameras to support him and his family (available on Amazon.)

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
I noticed his message when I checked in on YouTube a few minutes ago.
Sounded very poorly so fearing the worst.
Very sad news and someone I followed for several years.
Loved his style and will be missed
A true M43 enthusiast !
My Thoughts and best wishes to you David Thorpe

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran
I also noticed his message on YouTube a couple of hours ago. He didn't sound good.
I always enjoyed his videos, he strengthened my belief in the mft system. He is a great voice of reason, has a fantastic sense of humour, only like the British can and is a true English gentleman. Whatever it is, I sincerely hope he pulls through, but I fear the worst. I will sorely miss him...

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
I follow very few accounts on YouTube. Maybe 8? And only a few are photography related. His was (is) one of them. This is terrible to hear, and I can only hope the best for him. I really enjoyed how he delivered his content, and he seemed like a great person.

Latest threads

Top Bottom