A message from David Thorpe

Real Name
Walter
Aloha oe, David.

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That's really disappointing to hear. RIP David. My favorite camera reviewer, by far. I thoroughly enjoyed his wit, & subtle sense of humour. He will be missed for sure.

Real Name
Phill
I noticed that David's farewell video has been updated, at least the video description now shows a message from his family, which I feel free to simply quote here:
"Hello everyone, We're sad to report that David passed away on Tuesday 25th. We have been very touched by all the lovely comments from YouTubers who appreciated Dad's work, and knowledge of photography. This channel was his pride and joy over the past decade or so, and he spent many hours working on it, in the room from which I am writing to you now. He deeply appreciated such interest from his viewers and he never lost his enthusiasm for cameras, or for life. A last farewell video will be posted here within the next couple of weeks. Thanks again to you all - it's wonderful for us to know how popular Dad was. Carole, Hannah and Jonathan Thorpe"

Mountain_Man_79

Ah, yes. Comets, the icebergs of the sky.
Real Name
Chris
Someone has posted a few new videos to David’s channel today. Perhaps his children?

Edit - yes, it appears his son has uploaded a few videos -
80A31796-1CCC-4233-A4D6-BD546CD75870.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom