A message from David Thorpe

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Incredibly sad. I left a comment on his video last night, and if you happen to be on here, David, thank you so much for your passion, knowledge and beautifully understated , humourous tone.

Fair thee well, wherever we all finish up.

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Of all the videos out there on mft, his were ones I actually enjoyed watching a second or third time through. Just loved his down to earth perspective and wit. We need more of these vids and humor, so let’s hope this is not actually his final video!

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
David Thorpe was one of the Youtubers that got me interested into Micro Four Thirds early on. A sad message but I hope he can defy the odds of what ails him.

Real Name
Joel
In an age of click bait, David Thorpe was the antithesis of it. I love his wry wit, and his clear, concise reviews. If Mr. Thorpe or his family get to read this, I hope you know you mean a lot to the photography community, and m4/3 users in particular.

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
In an age of click bait, David Thorpe was the antithesis of it. I love his wry wit, and his clear, concise reviews. If Mr. Thorpe or his family get to read this, I hope you know you mean a lot to the photography community, and m4/3 users in particular.
I left a message on his YouTube channel letting him know that this thread existed and that he was very popular here.
Hopefully he will read the message and this thread 🤞

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
Very sad. We should leave him a message on his last video and wish him all the best... it might help him in this tough stage of his life.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
I think we'd all do well to heed his advice to not chase gear, to get away from the computers/phones, put down the camera and enjoy life.
We all have an expiration date.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom