A M39 lens for less than the price of a ham sandwich.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Picked this up this morning at a flea market in Prague. It's a Zorki with an Industar 50 M39 lens on it. My Czech isn't the best so when he told me the price, I thought he was leaving off a zero so I typed in on my iphone. He said that was it. I didn't even bother haggling. I went looking to pickup a Zenit with a Helios 44 on it that I'd seen earlier, but I got there late in the day and many vendors had packed up and left. At these prices, I'd be happy to skip a lunch or two to load up lenses.

Attachments

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
well done you ... I'm always envious at these sorts of stories, it seems that mainland Europe and the USA seem to be happy hunting grounds for bargains like this ... here in the UK the only lenses I've seen recently in markets or 2nd-hand shops were a battered no-name M42 telephoto full of dust (£10) and a dust-filled Jupiter-8 with what sounded like sand in the focusing mechanism for the princely sum of £35 ...

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My advice would be to get as many of the Industar/FED and Jupiter M39 lenses and later sort the best from the rest : that'd be my plan anyway.
You can sell the excess at nice prices to other forumites who might be put off by the £20 zorkis on evilbay.
I already have a couple, just suggesting while you're there.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Oh yeah, I also saw a Canon 0.95 in a camera store here. I didn't realize it was so massive. Even on the Canon 7 it looked huge. On a m43, it would look ridiculous.

twalker294

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Here you go:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks quite impressive ;-)

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
You got a bargain there!

I bought a mint Jupiter 8 for 80 pence - $1.25 a few months ago, and an Olympus OM f2.8 28mm for £2 - $3.14 the other week!

All the best,

Colin

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
where, Colin, where?
Charity shops?
Garage sales?
Car boots?

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
Prague is such a nice place for a photographer… They have a few really nice camera shops, with a lot of old stuff also.

Last winter I wanted to buy a old 30S/40S folding camera with a square image. The young sales person went trough all of the cameras fitting the description, going trough all the features and faults… And it was still quite cheap :)

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm bummed. I'm going to miss the 57th international camera show in Berlin by 2 hours.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom