1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A M39 lens for less than the price of a ham sandwich.

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by lenshoarder, Dec 5, 2010.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Picked this up this morning at a flea market in Prague. It's a Zorki with an Industar 50 M39 lens on it. My Czech isn't the best so when he told me the price, I thought he was leaving off a zero so I typed in on my iphone. He said that was it. I didn't even bother haggling. I went looking to pickup a Zenit with a Helios 44 on it that I'd seen earlier, but I got there late in the day and many vendors had packed up and left. At these prices, I'd be happy to skip a lunch or two to load up lenses.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    well done you ... I'm always envious at these sorts of stories, it seems that mainland Europe and the USA seem to be happy hunting grounds for bargains like this ... here in the UK the only lenses I've seen recently in markets or 2nd-hand shops were a battered no-name M42 telephoto full of dust (£10) and a dust-filled Jupiter-8 with what sounded like sand in the focusing mechanism for the princely sum of £35 ...

• Like Like x 1
  3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Be sure to post some pictures of your trip to Prague, it's an amazing city!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    My advice would be to get as many of the Industar/FED and Jupiter M39 lenses and later sort the best from the rest : that'd be my plan anyway.
    You can sell the excess at nice prices to other forumites who might be put off by the £20 zorkis on evilbay.
    I already have a couple, just suggesting while you're there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh yeah, I also saw a Canon 0.95 in a camera store here. I didn't realize it was so massive. Even on the Canon 7 it looked huge. On a m43, it would look ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  6. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Here you go:

Looks quite impressive ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  7. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    and so pocketable!

• Like Like x 1
  8. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I hear girth is better than length anyways :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. DjordjeJ

DjordjeJ Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2009
    Belgrade, Serbia
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
  11. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

You got a bargain there!

I bought a mint Jupiter 8 for 80 pence - $1.25 a few months ago, and an Olympus OM f2.8 28mm for £2 - $3.14 the other week!

All the best,

Colin

12. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    where, Colin, where?
    Charity shops?
    Garage sales?
    Car boots?

13. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Prague is such a nice place for a photographer… They have a few really nice camera shops, with a lot of old stuff also.

Last winter I wanted to buy a old 30S/40S folding camera with a square image. The young sales person went trough all of the cameras fitting the description, going trough all the features and faults… And it was still quite cheap :)

14. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm bummed. I'm going to miss the 57th international camera show in Berlin by 2 hours.