A little question for G3 owners...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Pelao, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Can the WB button on the 4-way controller have it's function changed? If so, what are the options?
  2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I don't think so, just the 2 Fn buttons can be reassigned.

I have reassigned Fn 1 to focus (AFS,AFC,M), and left Fn2 for qmenu, and love the layout. Everything I want quickly is at a direct button press, and just about everything else is only a couple taps in the quick menu.
  3. Diane B

Diane B Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2010
    No, just the two Fn buttons and then you have the four custom settings on the mode dial. The 4way is left/AF mode, the top is ISO, right is WB and bottom is single shot, burst, bracket and self timer. Its used for forward and backward in review. What functions were you thinking of changing them to--I can tell you where that option is available.

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't even use the four way pad for it's intended use. I have it set it up to control focus point control and then I I have func. button 1 setup for burst control and func. button 2 for the quick menu. I find it much easier that way for me at least.
  5. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks all. I don't ever use the WB button on any camera as I shoot RAW, and was hoping that it could be configured to another setting.