A little advice on the E-P2

Hello all.....

I have been pretty entrenched in the Panny :43: world for over the past year. However, as my esoteric collection of legacy MF lenses grows, I am finding that IBIS is in the cards for me.

A local store here in Honolulu has both E-P2 kits. I already own the 20/1.7 and others that either lens in the kit is redundant. My question is which lens "may" have the best value to someone else if I decide not to keep it......the 17/2.8 or the 14-42 zoom?

Thanks.......R

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Rich,

on the one hand, the 14-42mm is more flexible, and has better IQ than the 17mm f2.8... but on the other, most people will have already bought the kit with the 14-42, so there may be more demand for the 17mm pancake.

I don't know what to suggest... go for the cheaper option, and make sure you don't want the lens before selling it on.

Cheers

Brian

pete

Mu-43 Regular
if you already got the 20...i would go for the little zoom...I use the 17mn everyday and love it..but I think in the long run I would love the 20m...thats my take

aloha Rich

Pete

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Agreed with ahuyevshi. I think the 17 will sell quicker.

I actually am considernig the 17, even though I already own the 20. Wanted to have something wider and still fast. BUT, with the alleged upcoming release of the 14/2.8, I am trying to hold off on buying a 17. Plus, I also want to get the 14-150 and/or 9-18.

C'mon Oly (and Pany), get on with this!!! I need to satisfy my lens lust ...

ajramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
If you are sure you will be selling the lens, I think it would be easier to sell the 17mm, at least on eBay in the US.

Regards,

Antonio

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just go Legacy Armanius... :) MF FTW!
With all the Voigtlander photos you keep posting, I may have to do that. The brand name M to M4/3 adapters are all so expensive.

I guess another good thing about getting some M lenses is that I can use them on my Leica M9 ...

... that I will have after I win the lottery.

Advice taken.....

My question is which lens "may" have the best value to someone else if I decide not to keep it......the 17/2.8 or the 14-42 zoom?
Thanks guys......I really appreciated the input. I just picked up an E-P2 kit with the 17/2.8.

So here I am.....S..L..O..W..L..Y.....selling off my L Canon glass to fund the purchase of a "leisure" shooters kit. Gonna have to go dig out that suit outta the closet....I hear stretch polyester is back in. :rolleyes: