A little advice on the E-P2

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Rich M, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Hello all.....

I have been pretty entrenched in the Panny :43: world for over the past year. However, as my esoteric collection of legacy MF lenses grows, I am finding that IBIS is in the cards for me.

A local store here in Honolulu has both E-P2 kits. I already own the 20/1.7 and others that either lens in the kit is redundant. My question is which lens "may" have the best value to someone else if I decide not to keep it......the 17/2.8 or the 14-42 zoom?

Thanks.......R

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Rich,

on the one hand, the 14-42mm is more flexible, and has better IQ than the 17mm f2.8... but on the other, most people will have already bought the kit with the 14-42, so there may be more demand for the 17mm pancake.

I don't know what to suggest... go for the cheaper option, and make sure you don't want the lens before selling it on.

Cheers

Brian

3. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    if you already got the 20...i would go for the little zoom...I use the 17mn everyday and love it..but I think in the long run I would love the 20m...thats my take

aloha Rich

Pete

4. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    17 I sold mine in 2 days after buying the E-P2

5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Agreed with ahuyevshi. I think the 17 will sell quicker.

I actually am considernig the 17, even though I already own the 20. Wanted to have something wider and still fast. BUT, with the alleged upcoming release of the 14/2.8, I am trying to hold off on buying a 17. Plus, I also want to get the 14-150 and/or 9-18.

C'mon Oly (and Pany), get on with this!!! I need to satisfy my lens lust ...

6. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    If you are sure you will be selling the lens, I think it would be easier to sell the 17mm, at least on eBay in the US.

Regards,

Antonio

7. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Just go Legacy Armanius... :)  MF FTW!

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    With all the Voigtlander photos you keep posting, I may have to do that. The brand name M to M4/3 adapters are all so expensive.

I guess another good thing about getting some M lenses is that I can use them on my Leica M9 ...

... that I will have after I win the lottery.

9. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Advice taken.....

Thanks guys......I really appreciated the input. I just picked up an E-P2 kit with the 17/2.8.

So here I am.....S..L..O..W..L..Y.....selling off my L Canon glass to fund the purchase of a "leisure" shooters kit. Gonna have to go dig out that suit outta the closet....I hear stretch polyester is back in. :rolleyes: 

10. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I'll skip the m9... just want an M8 :) 

11. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    WAIT....you can not downgrade your wishlist.....NOT allowed.:biggrin:

12. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.